• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't rule out Gardner Minshew as a possible third tier option. 1st tier being Deshaun Watson. 2nd tier being high 1st round draft pick. 3rd tier being everything else.

I know I am probably in the minority here but I think Minshew would do well here.  He reminds me a bit of Fitzpatrick.  I don't see him as a long term answer and he is still under contract with Jacksonville.  He's a former ECU Pirate and might enjoy coming back to the Carolina's in any fashion we use him. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know I am probably in the minority here but I think Minshew would do well here.  He reminds me a bit of Fitzpatrick.  I don't see him as a long term answer and he is still under contract with Jacksonville.  He's a former ECU Pirate and might enjoy coming back to the Carolina's in any fashion we use him. 

You're not in the minority that Minshew has proven he can play in the NFL.

The problem you have is that he's proven he can play in the NFL. Jacksonville have him on a very cheap contract. They're not going to let him walk unless you throw significant Draft capital their way. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The problem you have is that he's proven he can play in the NFL. Jacksonville have him on a very cheap contract. They're not going to let him walk unless you throw significant Draft capital their way. 

I’d give them #8 for Gardner and those two second rounders. If we did that and then flipped Teddy and Shaq to WFT for multiple mid round picks, we’d  be looking pretty good. In the very least, we’d have the capital to fill a lot of holes. 

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I agree with you but think he might have even more upside. Just looking at what Joe Brady did for Joe Burrow, why couldn’t he do the same for Minshew?

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

What do you consider significant? I’d be cool with us using our first round pick on a LT, second rounder on a corner and shipping our third rounder to Jacksonville for Minshew. If only Marty had picked him instead of Grier. 

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

I’d give them #8 for Gardner and those two second rounders. If we did that and then flipped Teddy and Shaq to WFT for multiple mid round picks, we’d  be looking pretty good. In the very least, we’d have the capital to fill a lot of holes. 

#8, #40 and 2022 second rounder for Gardner?

1 hour ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I have to say, it feels like the huddle is more united than we were in the fall. I would say it was closer to 50/50 for and against Teddy. Now it’s 99.5 percent against Teddy and two guys still jerking him off. 

I wouldn't even say many were 'against' him, we were just objective in expectations based on his past performance and things turned out a little worse than even that. Teddy can play in the NFL, just not as a starter outside of perfect conditions and even then the team's upside may be at risk with any injuries or unforeseen circumstances. If he can find that situation and a team willing to work around/tolerate his limitations then more power to all of them.