• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

America is a wonderful place where everyone is entitled to an opinion, even you.

Jake Delhomme and Steve Beuerlein are on the other side of your trade.

Darnold will get his reps, keeping TB5 on the roster will have zero effect there. 

On the flipside, Darnold could learn a lot from Teddy and having the steadying influence of such a even-keeled and competent veteran can only help Sam -- win/win.

Grier & Walker have been fully "evaluated", nothing new to be learned about them...short-timers.

image.thumb.png.6b8784a5ce0ec8985d065ec9943c375f.png

You're rather patronizing for someone who has been pretty wrong about Teddy thus far.

About that article - Jake isn't one to badmouth and is the team's radio analyst (or one of them), and Steve is an announcer with skin in the game. They aren't going to voice contrary opinions. Jake said Teddy was 'pressing', which is hilarious since he was even less bold as the season went on, and Beuerlein threw out the 'new system' card even though the corporate line was that Teddy had a valuable advantage in learning the system since he was with Brady in NO. They also both played the 'needs more weapons' cliche, which was nonsense last year. 

It's the QB coach's job to coach and Teddy may or may not have anything to offer. Given the friction that showed between Teddy and the staff he may not have been fully 'as advertised' off the field when things got tough. I also personally don't want a guy as a 'mentor' who has shown zero development after 7 years in the NFL. As I said, maybe (a big one) if a rookie was coming in, but that's not the case.

With respect to evaluation Walker was 1-0 in his start and pushed the ball better than Teddy ever did. Future starter? Likely not, but possibly a better fit as a backup and certainly cheaper in the future. Teddy's salary is a sunk cost either way so if the backups were good enough last year, why not this year? Teddy has no upside and no future here, and the team is clearly moving on as they should.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Are they?

Exactly how will this go down?

I've not pretended to know the prior times you trotted out this schtick and now is no different. Between the Darnold trade and all the comments to the media, both at the end of last year and about seeking a trade, there's a lot of writing on the wall and the message is pretty clear.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, KSpan said:

I've not pretended to know the prior times you trotted out this schtick and now is no different. Between the Darnold trade and all the comments to the media, both at the end of last year and about seeking a trade, there's a lot of writing on the wall and the message is pretty clear.

Gotcha.

Let's approach it another way, do you believe it's in the best interests of the Panthers to pay out Teddy's contract in-full and also cut him thereby getting absolutely nothing in return?

Is that a sensible path?

48 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You’re an idiot. Do you understand that Teddy’s new cash in 2021 is $18M and his guarantee is $10M? There is no “paid in full” with a release. The team still actually saves $8M and $20Mish in 2022. Is that actually difficult to understand because that’s twice now that you still haven’t gotten that releasing him is a worst case option where we actually save almost $30M in cap space over the next two years.

I have no idea if he’ll be traded but when NFL analysts are discussing that teams are interested I’m not going to say there’s no chance. Our leverage is that we don’t have to release him. I think that would be a waste of cap space but it would mean that others teams couldn’t wait for the release. 

Thank you he don’t know anything, fixing to put him on ignore he’s not smart.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Lol. You’re an idiot.

Do you understand that Teddy’s new cash in 2021 is $18M and his guarantee is $10M?

There is no “paid in full” with a release.

Ya think?  You're not alone!

I may be an idiot but everyone knows that in the NFL if it's not guaranteed it never happened...

...paid-in-full references the guaranteed portion of the ironclad contract which is in place between TB5 and the Carolina Panthers...

...is fully paying out Teddy with a $10,000,000 check to walk the best course of action for the team?

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

He’s either a troll, which is sad, or to use his words delusional, which is also sad. I mean when your pie is negative overall and you still think you’re right about everything? That’s pretty scary. I’m delusional for believing Teddy will be gone and he can’t even see trading for Darnold as being a sign. Lol, delusional indeed.

Pretty sure it's our old friend, Sanjay. He pulls a lot of the same dumb stunts.

Won't be too surprised if he gets banned again soon. I know he the living sh-t out of the mods with some of this stuff.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure it's our old friend, Sanjay. He pulls a lot of the same dumb stunts.

Is it Sanjay?  Or Chuck? Or someone else? 

Or none of the above?!?

Like Darnold you're seeing ghosts...

While you may not like the positions I take they all have merit and in the great United States of America we are all entitled to an opinion...

...and, it's beneath you to be groveling for a ban -- weak sauce there bud.

(was there a Chuck?  think I remember you rolling that one out there?)

Edited by SizzleBuzz

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Oh, I remember old Sanjay. Wasn’t he the TE guy?

Yeah, same MO. Latch on to and obsess over a single concept that he thinks makes him look smarter than everybody else (in this case believing that he understands how David Tepper does business) while not understanding that all it really does is annoy people. Then make a bunch of bold predictions based on that, pretty much all of which turn out to be wrong, but still talk as if he were a big deal.

And therein lies the problem, I think. He wants to be a big deal, but the way he goes about it just isn't productive.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1