• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Well Teddy is still better than Cam at this point.

Arguably no he’s not. But assuming Bridgewater is better, the Panthers are still desperate to get rid of him even though he’s gonna cost us a poo load in dead money next season.

If Cam sucked last season, he would be gone and the books would be clean.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If it scores us a third round pick, does it matter?

I guess in three or four years we’ll know? Convoluted way to look at it. Bridgewater was an atrocious signing in hindsight. No getting around it. I mean, it got Hurney fired again so maybe it was actually a great move. Same logic with the comp pick.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

I guess in three or four years we’ll know? Convoluted way to look at it. Bridgewater was an atrocious signing in hindsight. No getting around it. I mean, it got Hurney fired again so maybe it was actually a great move. Same logic with the comp pick.

We should know immediately.... essentially we bought a 3rd rounder. 

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

sure, point remains signing Teddy to that contract was an awful decision. Just because it nets a backend third round comp pick doesn’t change that fact.

glad we have guys in leadership who are willing to move fast to make changes like this.

i think we're staying in the watson game until he agrees to rejoin houston (unlikely), is traded elsewhere (very possible), or we strike gold on our own.

we will likely go into the draft not knowing his status and will draft a QB at 8 if there is one we like. if we can trade for watson after the draft we'll probably send that rookie QB as part of the package.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Arguably no he’s not. But assuming Bridgewater is better, the Panthers are still desperate to get rid of him even though he’s gonna cost us a poo load in dead money next season.

If Cam sucked last season, he would be gone and the books would be clean.

Cutting Cam and Starting Allen would have given you the same production at a fraction of the cost.

• Pie 1

Hurney magic

Key Free Agents:

• Okung  (hurt most of season)
  • Whitehead (sucked whole season, benched for a special teamer)
  • Weatherly (hurt and sucked most of season)
  • Bridgewater (4 wins)

Second contract:

• CMC  (hurt twice--I had more yards getting from my car to my house than CMC)

Dead money:

• 25% of the cap  (The reason Marty was fired)

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 4

You're awesome, as always, Verge.  Thanks for sharing the info.  

So now my question is, was it Hurney's decision to move on from Cam and to Teddy, solely?  And if so, did Rhule and Brady just tow the company line publicly?  Because of the public love shown for Teddy, I assumed the move was pushed for by Brady/Rhule.