• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

30 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

You're awesome, as always, Verge.  Thanks for sharing the info.  

So now my question is, was it Hurney's decision to move on from Cam and to Teddy, solely?  And if so, did Rhule and Brady just tow the company line publicly?  Because of the public love shown for Teddy, I assumed the move was pushed for by Brady/Rhule.

I have no idea tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Allen had already proven he was not a starting QB even when healthy. Cam’s health was the question. Rolling with Allen as the starter was never an option.

Bridgewater was never a starting QB either so not having his money on the books would've been the best option either way. Hell, even just going with Grier or Walker would've been better options.

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

My friend is a senior scout on an NFL team and is in a circle that is in the know on certain movement within the draft and certain aspects of FA. He has never been 100% correct, nor have I, but what information I do get from him is generally going to be as deep or deeper than most NFL insiders as it what is being talked about inside the NFL. If that helps. 

It does.  I think that is my point as well--you are not a fortune teller, but you are sharing the internal "grapevine" stuff that we are not privy to hear--which is why it is not news, but informed rumor--opposed to what we otherwise hear. 

I did not know the level scout or the rest of your first sentence, however--and that does help.

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

So this could pop off any day? Are you expecting before or after free agency/draft?

I think there is going to be a day where all the dominos just start falling. It will be a 2-3 day frenzy of trades and signing, and completely dry for that. It's literally just teams sitting and seeing who moves first. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

It does.  I think that is my point as well--you are not a fortune teller, but you are sharing the internal "grapevine" stuff that we are not privy to hear--which is why it is not news, but informed rumor--opposed to what we otherwise hear. 

I did not know the level scout or the rest of your first sentence, however--and that does help.

I also do a lot of my own scouting! Most of the prospect opinions you will hear out of me are my own! The rumors and tidbits are usually directly from my friend. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Verge said:

I also do a lot of my own scouting! Most of the prospect opinions you will hear out of me are my own! The rumors and tidbits are usually directly from my friend. 

Well, I appreciate your contributions and insights--I think you do an excellent job of explaining to everyone the context and source--it really helps me get through February-March 17.

I am curious about 1 thing:  Would it benefit any team to trade BEFORE free agency?  So when you say, "before the draft," I wonder about the strategy-I do not see QBs in free agency that may threaten this deal, so...

(you may have already addressed this 2 posts earlier)

Edited by MHS831

24 minutes ago, Verge said:

My friend is a senior scout on an NFL team and is in a circle that is in the know on certain movement within the draft and certain aspects of FA. He has never been 100% correct, nor have I, but what information I do get from him is generally going to be as deep or deeper than most NFL insiders as it what is being talked about inside the NFL. If that helps. 

💯

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

💯

What grade do you give me?:  My friend used to be a good friend of Brandon Beane's. I knew Beane a bit, but not like him.  Now my friend is the greeter at WalMart where they sell CDs that contain songs that some GMs might have heard.

• The D 1
  • Flames 2