• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

39 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I wouldn't even say many were 'against' him, we were just objective in expectations based on his past performance and things turned out a little worse than even that. Teddy can play in the NFL, just not as a starter outside of perfect conditions and even then the team's upside may be at risk with any injuries or unforeseen circumstances. If he can find that situation and a team willing to work around/tolerate his limitations then more power to all of them.

I also think having a few confusingly hardcore Teddy fans in the forum makes more people actually dislike Teddy. It sure has me. 
I don’t dislike Teddy the person. Teddy the player, I do not like. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I also think having a few confusingly hardcore Teddy fans in the forum makes more people actually dislike Teddy. It sure has me. 
I don’t dislike Teddy the person. Teddy the player, I do not like. 

Quit spewing such vile hate.

• Pie 1

I just hate how boring it was to watch him play.

I wouldn't have been as frustrated as I was if it was just bad QB play.  We all expected to suck this year anyway.  But man Bridgewater really made it hard to watch our games.  When it came to throwing the ball he was gutless.  Just so conservative and weak-armed.  I mean how do you have 4 1,000 YFS players and yet engineer such a low-scoring offense?  

That is why it infuriates me when people think Brady deserves blame.  Absolute BS.  Just watch the games.  He did such an amazing job putting players in the best position possible (I like Samuel and yes he just needed more opportunities but this was still by far his best year and it was under Brady; same with Anderson and same with Davis, guys had career years here) and got everyone involved as best he could.  Bridgewater was just bad.  Dude can't play.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Verge said:

Minshew is not the answer.

One we get past Watson and high 1st round picks, the odds of finding the long-term answer pretty much become long shots. If Watson doesn't work out and a high 1st round QB doesn't work out, we might be forced to look at the "well, he's better than Teddy" options. I think Minshew fits there. Would I be excited about it? Honestly, nah. But if better options don't work out I'd rather give Minshew a try vs. rolling with Teddy.

That's all I'm saying. It's not that hard for me to envision a scenario where Minshew might be our best bad option. I hope we don't get there, but I acknowledge that it's a possibility.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mage said:

I just hate how boring it was to watch him play.

I wouldn't have been as frustrated as I was if it was just bad QB play.  We all expected to suck this year anyway.  But man Bridgewater really made it hard to watch our games.  When it came to throwing the ball he was gutless.  Just so conservative and weak-armed.  I mean how do you have 4 1,000 YFS players and yet engineer such a low-scoring offense?  

That is why it infuriates me when people think Brady deserves blame.  Absolute BS.  Just watch the games.  He did such an amazing job putting players in the best position possible (I like Samuel and yes he just needed more opportunities but this was still by far his best year and it was under Brady; same with Anderson and same with Davis, guys had career years here) and got everyone involved as best he could.  Bridgewater was just bad.  Dude can't play.

Dude this is probably the best post I’ve seen about Teddy. I agree totally it was really hard to watch him, I mean that pass where we needed a first on 4th and 9, he threw it for literally 2 yds with the game on the line. Man I don’t think I’ve ever been quite as mad about a game as I was that day. Very hard to watch that.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Verge said:

Minshew is not the answer.

Well just to clarify, I would never offer that for Gardner. I just quoted the other poster and wanted a clarification if that was what he/she was ready to give up. 

If there are no other options, would you not give him a try? Or why is he out of the question. 

I assume Teddy is out even if we do not land Watson or one of the top QBs in the draft. 

1 minute ago, kass said:

Well just to clarify, I would never offer that for Gardner. I just quoted the other poster and wanted a clarification if that was what he/she was ready to give up. 

If there are no other options, would you not give him a try? Or why is he out of the question. 

I assume Teddy is out even if we do not land Watson or one of the top QBs in the draft. 

1. I don't think Jacksonville would trade him 
2. We would be in the same situation we are in now next year but with a slightly better QB

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

1. I don't think Jacksonville would trade him 
2. We would be in the same situation we are in now next year but with a slightly better QB

Most likely. But until you have your QB you have to keep trying, right? I would consider Gardner as mine swing and miss option and have a low cap hit. 

How would you proceed if the team do not get Watson or any of the top QBs in the draft? Would be interesting to hear. (Trubisky?) 

3 hours ago, kass said:

#8, #40 and 2022 second rounder for Gardner?

No No no. Goodness. I would try to see if they would give us Gardner, 33, 45 and us give them 8. They have 33,45,65. Who is to say they’d want to move GM or consolidate picks - I’m just trying to think of a way to address the need of QB AND the need of draft picks to fill the roster. The 8th pick isn’t really doing it for me this year, I’d rather turn that in to multiple picks if possible.

Edited by imminent rogaine
  • Beer 1

I have heard some of the Teddy going back to the Saints talk.  I just want to know how?  They just converted all of Cam Jordan and Davis base to signing bonus to make more room and they are still 40+ million over the cap.  Meanwhile they can't cut either of these guys now until they are like 34.  All these "Russell is going to the Saints" and "this guy is going to the Saints" I just wonder how.  Maybe in 3 years when the new TV money comes in but not this or next offseason.  Hell they got 26 players under contract for 22' and they already have almost 170 million into them.