• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater likely on the outs in Carolina

Verge

On 3/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, jayflip said:

What should we expect for Teddy?

Kyle Allen fetched us a 5th last year if I remember correctly

If I was a team taking on that ridiculous contract, I’d offer a conditional 7th pending Teddy Check-down carrying my team to the Super Bowl and also making 1st Team All-Pro plus a case of Gatorade.

And I’d really hate to overpay with that case of Gatorade.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, three mid-rounders for Teddy? My god, what a coup that would be 

At this point it would be as much about someone paying that much for him and the contract. I can see a team valuing having a quality backup but that $21MM would be a tough pill. 

I'm also assuming that they wouldn't be looking to trade and drop him into a starting role, but maybe I'm overestimating the wisdom of other FOs.

LOL at people that even bring up the idea of freaking Gardner Menshew.... crazy thing is some of those people are the main ones wanting to get rid of Teddy. In the NFL eyes I am sure Teddy is thought of as the better player and there are actually people on here who want another solid back up. Heck, Bridgewater would get more compensation than Menshew. Both back ups

Edited by Jared Patterson

1 hour ago, Thomas9289 said:

I feel like they would have took that in a heartbeat. 

That guy is terrible, he is always wrong. Then he came out and called out people that said he always wrong. He was like to all y’all that says I’m always wrong Wentz to colts was heard from me first. Lmao I’m not a reporter and knew that was going to happen 

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

At this point it would be as much about someone paying that much for him and the contract. I can see a team valuing having a quality backup but that $21MM would be a tough pill. 

I'm also assuming that they wouldn't be looking to trade and drop him into a starting role, but maybe I'm overestimating the wisdom of other FOs.

They’d almost have to, assuming next they move Jimmy G. That’s over 40 mil a year tied up in 2 awfully mediocre QBs.