• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields: Closer Look/Why I think he could be the guy

davos

9 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Ugh...here we go again. Look man this team has already danced with a guy that has "potential" and a "high ceiling.". He was a former #1 draft pick and also wore #1. If the Panthers choose to go with another guy like that. This regime better go ALL IN this time around and not try to ride the talent out as far as they can. Build around him and amplify those talents and reach that high ceiling. 

As for me personally, I don't want Fields. Dude seems like a bust to me especially when you get around to seeing his games that are against really really mediocre defenses. It's a gamble, much like all the draft choices but I rather they take a gamble on a safer prospect Or just go all out for Watson. 

agree on build around him 

If they had put a line around him, he’d still e here and not beat to living hell 

Fields is a tough guy   I’m not sure Wilson or Lawrence are and the Nfl demands it 

Edited by raleigh-panther

28 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I love Fields.  I actually think that he often rises to the competition, rather than shrinking from it.  I would be okay with nabbing him with a trade up to 3.  Would prefer Watson, but I can imagine how that might not work out...

I agree, briefly addressed that in the OP.  He really seems to elevate the whole team when their back was against the wall. 

Just something in the gut tells me it's Watson or Fields, with an outside shot at Lance.  I wouldn't think we'd be settling for Lance but that's a scenario where we just can't work out a deal to move up for Fields. 

We want a QB so I have to think we're looking at Watson, pick 3, or pick 5.  Just don't see us accepting who falls out of Mac/Fields/Lance.  I we targeted and did the "just go get him" method with Chinn, we're going to do it with our franchise QB.   

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, SOJA said:

Fields will not last past the Eagles at pick 6 I guarantee it. He probably won't last past ATL at 4.

If you want him you have to go up to three to guarantee it. Waiting till 5 is a HUGE risk imo

NFL reporter Chris Mortensen reports Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie "has instructed his group to prioritize making [Jalen] Hurts successful in 2021 as opposed to creating a true competition."

Mortensen reports there isn't "internal unanimity" about Hurts as the starting QB in 2021, but Lurie has been clear that the second-year QB should be given a real shot. Mortensen replied to a tweet from the Philadelphia Inquirer's Les Bowen questioning Mort's report that the team is sure about Hurts as its starter in 2021. But Lurie's support would presumably carry significant weight with the team's new coaching staff. Mortensen said in February -- after the team traded Carson Wentz to the Colts -- that the Eagles "intend to bring in competition" for Hurts. Apparently that calculus could change with Lurie's input. The dual-threat Hurts could be a standout late-round QB pick in fantasy leagues if he wins the starting gig. 

SOURCE: Chris Mortensen on Twitter 

Mar 8, 2021, 9:29 AM ET

• Pie 1

The title of this video alone makes me smile but maybe these sports networks can say this a little louder for the Teddy fans in the back. 

They call Teddy, “Check down Charlie”. 😂 If analysts know this, NFL defenses know this and never have to worry about Teddy Two Yards throwing deep on them. 

Edited by DFive
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trey Lance... WTF???

I pulled up two different games where the majority of his passes were behind the line of scrimmage. And even watching those passes a lot of them had the WR have to 180s to catch the ball. Completely killing their momentum and having to pick back up again after the catch. He is going to need to sit two years to get adjusted. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Varking said:

I pulled up two different games where the majority of his passes were behind the line of scrimmage. And even watching those passes a lot of them had the WR have to 180s to catch the ball. Completely killing their momentum and having to pick back up again after the catch. He is going to need to sit two years to get adjusted. 

I still haven't gotten around to watching any of his full games yet. All my eggs are basically still in the Deshaun Watson or Zach Wilson baskets. At some point before the draft I'll turn my attention more toward Fields and Lance as they both seem like far more realistic options.

59 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s going to be the best of the Lance/Wilson/Fields/Jones bunch. 

I am pretty much in agreement on this as well.  IMO, and I have said this a lot, Trey Lance has bust written all over him.

I have stated I am warming to what he “could be” but have serious reservations based what he is right now.

Edited by Shocker

54 minutes ago, Varking said:

Yep, totally agree