• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields: Closer Look/Why I think he could be the guy

davos

I’ve been banging the gong for Fields for awhile. Great post and analysis @davosI’d love to see a new QB1 in CAR. 

Don’t forget, you can watch Justin Field’s HS career on the Netflix documentary, QB1. He was clearly head and shoulders above the others on his season and it really shows his leadership. 

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

1 minute ago, DFive said:

I’ve been banging the gong for Fields for awhile. Great post and analysis @davosI’d love to see a new QB1 in CAR. 

Don’t forget, you can watch Justin Field’s HS career on the Netflix documentary, QB1. He was clearly head and shoulders above the others on his season and it really shows his leadership. 

I didn't realize that.  I'll definitely check it out.

• Pie 1

I think if anything, he's getting a bit of a Deshaun Watson treatment where there's only limited ways to peg him down but a lot of the talking heads and "analysts" are doing their darnest to hype up the other QBs like Jones, Wilson, & Mond.  So him being #3-5 on rankings is simply a byproduct of a lot of articles/analysts trying to hype their faves.

From my view, this is a really good QB class.  Not many have this arguable 1st rounder talent but I think Fields is a level above Wilson & Lance when I really look harder and take a sober look w/ the Zach hype train.  There's a huge drop after that top-4/5.  I'm unsure about Mond and Newman, then there's really nothing else. 

• Pie 1

I wouldn’t be mad if we got Fields. I still prefer Wilson, but considering he’s probably going to the Jets or Texans at #2, I’d be happy with Fields after a trade up to 3 or 5. Give up next year’s first to do it. Maybe next year’s second if necessary too. 

You'll get no arguments from me....but again, I'd be incredibly stoked to have him or any of the other 4 top QBs (lawrence, fields, wilson, or lance). I basically don't care which one as long as we get one. They all 4 have the makings of long term studs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

He makes good reads, but the video states, "for every good read there are 2-3 bad ones" and that is not getting it done.  Holding the ball too long--Cam did the same thing and the play rarely worked out for him--led to his injuries.

I love the skill set, and if they can get him in the film room and covert that to the field, maybe we can get him to make better reads and get rid of the ball sooner--whatever we do, give him a line, a TE, and a game-breaking RB--we are almost there on offense.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, but how many stud college QBs from the SEC do we see crash and burn in the NFL?  So using their stats is fool's gold, to some degree, but it is all we have to go on. I prefer someone who can break down the position and see what he does well and does not do well---and that video (all we have, really) is a bit (as stated) "Sobering" at times.  You get excited at first, but then you get a bit concerned. Can Fields be coached up?  Probably.  But these QBs are so risky this year.

• Beer 1