• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting SI 7 rounder

The guy certainly put a lot of time into it. Not sure if the cap stuff all works out but we did get Watson for Teddy, Donte, YGM, 1st and 3rd this year and 1 more 1st and 2 more 2nds. Based on the FAs given to us, it was a good deal. Would be a heck of a team if the OL picks work out.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/.amp/mocks/monday-2021-nfl-mock-draft-7-rounds-trades-free-agency-predictions

• Pie 6
  • The D 1

That guy put a ton of time and effort into what will inevitably be wrong.  There is no way to predict all the things that will happen in an NFL offseason.  I will just say we gave up a lot for Watson but that is a about what you could expect if somehow we do get him.

Just now, bababoey said:

That guy put a ton of time and effort into what will inevitably be wrong.  There is no way to predict all the things that will happen in an NFL offseason.  I will just say we gave up a lot for Watson but that is a about what you could expect if somehow we do get him.

He did and that’s why I enjoyed it. No chance it’s all right but a better read than some of these 1 round mocks which are either mirrors of other ones or where they try to make a bold statement so that next year they can tout their scouting ability or just sweep it under the rug.

• Pie 1
20 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Anyone who says Houston will take Teddy is already reason enough to not read anymore of their mock.

Because you know how the Texans front office personally feels about Teddy? There are obviously teams out there who still think he has some value, as we’ve had trade talks with more than one team on him.

• Pie 2

I wouldn't be mad at that trade at all, I also wouldn't be mad at just keeping our picks and young players if the draft really plays out like that and Justin Fields or Trey Lance are both be available by the time we pick.  

Edited by DeSim
  • Pie 2
Just now, DeSim said:

I wouldn't be mad at that trade at all, I also wouldn't be mad at just keeping our picks and young players and taking if the draft really plays out like that and Justin Fields or Trey Lance are both be available by the time we pick.  

Same here. Whether we get Watson, or one of Wilson, Fields or Lance I’m A-OK.

• Pie 3
35 minutes ago, bababoey said:

He put time and effort in to creating content that a lot of people are consuming right now. 

• Pie 1

Trade: Deshaun Watson: QB and Whitney Mercilus: EDGE from Houston Texans to the Panthers for Teddy Bridgewater, Donte Jackson, Yetur Gross-Matos, 2021 1st Round Pick (#8), 2021 3rd Round (#73), 1st Round Pick (2022), 2nd Round Pick (2022), 2nd Round Pick (2023).

Picks: 

2nd - Carolina Panthers from New England Patriots: Alex Leatherwood: left OT, Alabama. We also get their 3rd in 2022.

4th - Carolina Panthers: Tyson Campbell: CB, Georgia

5th - Carolina Panthers: David Moore: left OG, Grambling

5th - Carolina Panthers (Comp/Vernon Butler): Jonathan Adams Jr.: WR, Arkansas State

6th - Carolina Panthers: Anthony Schwartz: WR, Auburn

6th - Carolina Panthers (Comp/Darryl Williams): Tay Gowan: CB, UCF

7th - Carolina to Buffalo: Marshall Newhouse

We get to keep CMC, DJ, Burns, Chinn, & Brown and only costs 2 first rounders, yes please! I also like Leatherwood in the 2nd, and the fact that we're trying out a few WR's a CB's in the later rounds even though I know nothing about these particular guys.

• Pie 1

Would be a helluva off-season. Would love it. We also get Gerald Everett, Hassan Reddick, Larry Ogunjobi and Shaq Griffin as FA signings. None are game changers but solid pieces in areas of need.