• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper's Drip Implementation

I know we have seen these mat black helmets before, and I feel like they have teased us about it every other year. I knew we had the little ones that the players sign autograph's on and can give to kids at events or camp but I haven't seen any in full size. I know CMC and Chinn were just there to sign helmets though so I'm not getting my hopes up for these again. But man, if David Tepper wanted to put a stamp on the organization, this would be a huge one aesthetically speaking of course.

IMG_0117[1].PNG

58 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Counter argument:

We haven't won a super bowl with the old ones. 

This could change EVERYTHING

No. Classic teams don't change their uniforms. 

Green bay, Steelers, Cowboys all essentially the same.

The stupidest trend in sports has been having 40 billion color and style combinations for your uniforms. 

Oh it appeals to kids.

Well phuck kids. Kids don't have any money to spend and honestly kids are dumb.

Qualification,  I have 3 wonderful sons. But they can be phucking stupid at times.

40 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

The stupidest trend in sports has been having 40 billion color and style combinations for your uniforms. 

Oh it appeals to kids.

Qualification,  I have 3 wonderful sons. But they can be phucking stupid at times.

Honestly, I have never been a fan of our beddazled sparkly silver helmets. Matte black, white, or even the blue would look better with our uniforms. 

Also we aren't a classic team. The teams you mentioned all had tons of success many many years ago and their brand and uniform style is iconic/immediately related to past successes of their franchises. We don't have that kind of clout. Times change, styles change, and it wouldn't hurt the team to as well. 

New Unis, or at least new helmets would update the brand and would look pretty cool. I'm all for it. New owner, new regime, let's clean things up and move forward. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

Oh it appeals to kids.

You sound like a blast

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Oh it appeals to kids.

To be fair, the Bengals went through a pretty successful period right after they changed to the tiger striped helmets.

Granted, that change had nothing to do with it but hey... 😕