• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak just got a contract!

BurnNChinn

37 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Well Mahomes didn't have the biggest cap hit in the league that belongs to Matt Ryan. How does Daks contract compare to Matty Ice?

Yeah, Ryan is at the painful part of his deal.   Ryan’s cap hit wasn’t bad the first couple years either. 

Mahomes and Dak will get to those years later.  They will be worse than Ryan.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, just started thinking..., 75million in the first year is going to blow up their cap... that means the following might be on the chopping block:

LT Tyron Smith
LB Jaylon Smith

Rush DeMarcus Lawrence
WR Amari Cooper

Bold= worth bringing in for a look

Nah. The signing bonus is spread out over the life of the contract. He gets it all year 1, but it doesn’t all count against the cap.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Damn, good for Dak.  That’s a lot of money.  This is these guys’ livelihoods so I’ll never hate on a player trying to make the most of it.  He started the year on fire before his injury, it’ll be interesting to see if he starts where he left off.  

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

I was setting up a joke and did not look at the details (hence the ?), but thanks for the insight.  Carry on, soldier.

Edited by MHS831

It's a move Dallas kind of had to make even though they're setting the new precedent for QB pay. 

I'm relieved in a weird way because Dak is a guy I think is quite good but wouldn't really want him as our QB.  So no tag and trade speculation. 

• Pie 1

I was once one of those talking bout " Dak is average, just a Dallas/OL thing derp derp derp...." Did everyone forget his start....hold on...

WK DATE OPP COMP ATT COMP% YDS Y/A TD INT RUSH YDS AVG TD FUM LOST
1 Sep 13 @LAR 25 39 64.1 266 6.8 1 0 3 30 10.0 0 0 0
2 Sep 20 ATL 34 47 72.3 450 9.6 1 0 5 18 3.6 3 1 1
3 Sep 27 @SEA 37 57 64.9 472 8.3 3 2 6 26 4.3 0 1 1
4 Oct 4 CLE 41 58 70.7 502 8.7 4 1 2 12 6.0 0 1 1
5 Oct 11 NYG 14 21 66.7 166 7.9 0 1

He was on a cheat code pace, over 450 yards in 3 out 4?!??!?! I dont care that DAllas D sucked gopher balls, thats impressive with fat Mike in control too. 

Id dare state my old opinion now, he would have re-wrote a few impossible records this past year, by like week 12... 

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Dude, just started thinking..., 75million in the first year is going to blow up their cap... that means the following might be on the chopping block:

LT Tyron Smith
LB Jaylon Smith

Rush DeMarcus Lawrence
WR Amari Cooper

Bold= worth bringing in for a look

His cap hit this season is 22 million signing bonuses are pro rated.

• Pie 1