• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former QB's support Teddy..this week's pro days..from the Observer

ladypanther

Going to link 2 articles from today Observer.  The 1st mentions pro day this week and players the Panthers are likely looking at.  One is Lance...the others mentioned are OL and 1 WR.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article249777848.html

The 2nd one is from interviews with Delhomme and Beuerlein who say the Panthers should stick with Teddy and put more pieces around him.

Delhomme: I was very surprised at how well they played early on ... And then as the stretch drive started it just seemed like — we had two or three losses in a row, and then next thing you know, I just think from watching Teddy and watching the quarterback play because I have fallen into that trap many times, sometimes you try to do too much, and it comes back to bite you.

I just think Teddy was trying too much ... And I just think it became pressing.

Beuerlein: I thought that Teddy would be a good fit in Carolina for that team and at this time. And I still believe that. The problem is, it takes more than a year sometimes to get a new system on track and moving in the right direction. I have zero doubt that if Teddy were given another chance this coming year that he would play much more consistently ... I think Matt Rhule will do a much better in Year 2. And so will his staff, and so will his whole team.

Beuerlein: ...

Granted, he got paid a lot of money last year, and he did not produce at the level they were expecting for whatever reasons, bottom line is you’ve got to get it done. But I do believe he deserves another chance...Long term I don’t necessarily think he’s the answer. They need to build the team around him before they can expect a true franchise quarterback to take them to the next level.

Beuerlein: I truly think that the Panthers need more impact players at other positions right now. I think you go with Teddy Bridgewater for the next year, and if he plays well this year you give him a third year. And maybe you draft a quarterback next year, or you try to get that superstar quarterback next year. Because you have to fill in those obvious pieces first because you’re just spinning your wheels if you think one guy is going to make that much of a difference.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article249694333.html

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Go figure, two QBs who also could never put the team on their back voice their support for a QB who is in their same mold. Granted, Delhomme is the best of the bunch and I appreciate and respect what he has to say. But the fact is, Teddy Two Yards identified he was pressing and trying to do too much several times throughout the season. Now, either he is just all talk and no follow thru (which could very well be the case with Teddy) or maybe, just maybe, he’s not that good.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 6

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah coming from Delhomme that was like undefeated in one score games in his first season, to Teddy that couldn’t win one that’s funny.

I know right. At the end of a game, Delhomme was clutch as f*ck. Teddy just plain isn’t.

• Pie 7

"Need more impact players at other positions."

I agree that every team should always look to improve but strongly disagree that this offense lacks impact players, even without CMC. Either way though it just continues to support the position that Teddy is not good enough himself without being surrounded by elite talent, and even then the playoffs may be another story.

40 minutes ago, DFive said:

Go figure, two QBs who also could never put the team on their back voice their support for a QB who is in their same mold. Granted, Delhomme is the best of the bunch and I appreciate and respect what he has to say. But the fact is, Teddy Two Yards identified he was pressing and trying to do too much several times throughout the season. Now, either he is just all talk and no follow thru (which could very well be the case with Teddy) or maybe, just maybe, he’s not that good.  

If you actually read what Jake said, he didn't necessarily endorse the guy.  He more or less said "I've been there"

If your QB does not have the ability to lift the players around them to get you to the Super Bowl (if you have the talent on the team), you need to keep searching for one who can. Teddy will never be a QB who does this for our team, no matter the talent around him. We all know what his ceiling is. 

42 minutes ago, DFive said:

Delhomme didn't give the other team a SB win. He came back and tied it up.

• Pie 3