• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitch Trubisky

Shocker

Been thinking about this as a possible option.  Before you dismiss this completely a few points...

How much better are the guys after Trevor?  Where would he he picked in this draft?

We don’t give up much to sign him...including draft picks

He was actually winning games late last season

His arm and athleticism fits our offense 

Thoughts?  Hate?

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

My opinion:

-Trubisky was very green coming into the league

-He was always going to play his best ball on his second contract due to that

-He has ~10 more college + NFL starts in his career than ROOKIE Justin Herbert last year. 

-Look at his stats over the course of last year. He’s still improving which is a good sign. 

-Chicago sold out on defense and left little in the cupboard for Trubisky on O.

-He’d be CHEAP and I’d bet a top 10-15 QB over the course of his next contract in the right situation. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, ECHornet said:

My opinion:

-Trubisky was very green coming into the league

-He was always going to play his best ball on his second contract due to that

-He has ~10 more college + NFL starts in his career than ROOKIE Justin Herbert last year. 

-Look at his stats over the course of last year. He’s still improving which is a good sign. 

-Chicago sold out on defense and left little in the cupboard for Trubisky on O.

-He’d be CHEAP and I’d bet a top 10-15 QB over the course of his next contract in the right situation. 

Yes, and he is better than any QB not named Watson as an option IMO.  He is a much better option than these draft unknowns.

• Pie 3

I wouldn’t hate it as a dart throw. I actually watched a ton of Bears games (because of my bets, lol) and he didn’t get a ton of help. Obviously he isn’t perfect, but, aside from a target laden (and I think partially slightly overrated) Allen Robinson, he’s had minimal help and bad situations. 

I’m not saying he’s perfect or the solution, but, the media and his draft situation will never give em a chance. I’d put em in that “see what ya got” category, like Minshew. 

Just no more Bridgewaters please (like Jimmy G).

I’m not against it. A good plan C. If we get a Slater or Sewell at 8 to pair with Moton plus Paradis is back suddenly our line has potential.  We just sign a vet guard and draft a young one in the 3rd/4th. 2nd round pick still wide open for CB/Safety/Linebacker depending on FAs signed.... Mitch with a good line with CMC, Moore, and Robbie might be a good offense.

• Pie 5