• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mitch Trubisky

Shocker

24 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I think for me I would rather take a raw rookie than a guy who has consistently struggled at this level. 
Sure he will have periods where he looks decent, even Bridgewater had those occasionally. But I just don’t want a retread. Either we get Watson, a rookie or have to endure another torturous season under Captain 2-Yards-On-4th-and-9. 

If the right guy is there, I would too. Sitting at #8 though with a lot of other teams also needing QBs, there's a decent to maybe even good chance that won't happen though.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just laying it out there...Mitch is a better QB than anyone not named Trevor in the draft.  It is tiring people talking up these QBs that have proven nothing.

Trevor and Fields have...and maybe Jones.   Mitch is as good as any of them.  

I'm not sold on that. But I do think he could see a career resurgence outside of Chicago and away from Nagy. I honestly think Nagy might be another Gase. I'd still take a chance on any of the "big four" prospects over Trubisky though and I've always been a Trubisky defender. Foles looking like trash in Nagy's offense this year definitely strengthens the case for Trubisky IMO.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sold on that. But I do think he could see a career resurgence outside of Chicago and away from Nagy. I honestly think Nagy might be another Gase. I'd still take a chance on any of the "big four" prospects over Trubisky though and I've always been a Trubisky defender. Foles looking like trash in Nagy's offense this year definitely strengthens the case for Trubisky IMO.

Cool...I am really loving the idea of getting a QB with upside that doesn’t cost us multiple picks.  Its pretty much an algorithm atp.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the right guy is there, I would too. Sitting at #8 though with a lot of other teams also needing QBs, there's a decent to maybe even good chance that won't happen though.

Well then it looks like it is Teddy for another year if we can’t get a rookie QB, freaking thanks Rivera.  Because Mitch and Teddy are two sides of the same coin. No free agent QBs are worth bringing in. Because no free agent QBs are an upgrade over Treadwater.  
We are gonna be stuck in QB limbo for a long time if we don’t get a QB this draft. Because, even though I think we will be bad next season, I don’t think we will be drafting high enough to get a QB next season, even if Treadwater starts. But I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Well then it looks like it is Teddy for another year if we can’t get a rookie QB, freaking thanks Rivera.  Because Mitch and Teddy are two sides of the same coin. No free agent QBs are worth bringing in. Because no free agent QBs are an upgrade over Treadwater.  
We are gonna be stuck in QB limbo for a long time if we don’t get a QB this draft. Because, even though I think we will be bad next season, I don’t think we will be drafting high enough to get a QB next season, even if Treadwater starts. But I could be wrong. 

Trubisky is better than Teddy and has upside. Physically he has much better tools to work with than Teddy does.

Teddy isn't the answer. The organization has made that clear. Everyone in the locker room knows how the organization feels. Bringing back Teddy next year is like waving the white flag before the season even starts. You can't do it at this point. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

In the pros he’s really excelled in late game drives. He turns on another gear and starts playing with more confidence. He has a little Delhomme in him in that regard. I think he would do well here. Our team has seen what a good QB who can’t perform at the end of games gets you ... nothing. 

• Pie 2

It is a dangerous path to think that your club and only your club can fix a player that has had more than enough time to succeed in NFL.

The Bears Oline has been slightly better or on par with our the last years. Their receiving weapons are at the same level. Maybe not just since we gotten Anderson.

I would rather get a young QB in the draft than spend any time on Trubisky

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we can't trade for Watson and it doesn't work out for us with a QB at #8 or a trade up for a QB, it's not very difficult at all to envision a scenario where Trubisky is our best option.

Is that what I want? No, but I'd rather give Trubisky a shot than roll with Teddy for another year.

There is an awful lot of stupid in this thread so it is nice to see some reason.

Trubisky is basically in the "only a little better than Teddy" category.

That said, he needs to come cheaply. Anything that isn't cheap or is more than 2 years is just repeating the mistakes of last offseason. Sign him to a reasonable backup QB contract, as that is what he actually is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Lol. That is the biggest bunch of crap I ever read. There defense lead them to the playoffs. His stats were pedestrian. 

You didn’t watch him down the stretch. He had a four to five week run where he was playing as good as anyone in the league. 

All that said, he’s not my first choice at qb