• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be the judge of the film

If we do not have a qb in free agency before the draft, I think Jones will be the pick.  Since the Panthers do not care what I think or want, my preferences have nothing to do with that assessment. Rhule knows him and likes him. Trevor, Wilson, and Fields will be gone.  Lance is a wild card, but Jones is the safe QB pick--

I think we find a way to get Watson, fwiw, so it will not come to this.  If we spend too much to get Watson, we may be no better off.

We've reached the point of desperation. We see a Watson trade is increasingly unlikely to work out for us. We see there's more and more smoke that all of the "big four" QB prospects may well be gone by #8. So now we're grasping at straws trying to convince ourselves that a Mac Jones or Mitch Trubisky could actually be the answer.

Fug.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've reached the point of desperation. We see a Watson trade is increasingly unlikely to work out for us. We see there's more and more smoke that all of the "big four" QB prospects may well be gone by #8. So now we're grasping at straws trying to convince ourselves that a Mac Jones or Mitch Trubisky could actually be the answer.

Fug.

I hope not. On year removed from a franchise qb and were are desperate? I like to believe we’re just taking our lumps right now. It may realistically take a little while to land a franchise QB...just like well almost any other team that has one.

All I am hoping is by the time he arrives our oline and defense case rise out of the bottom third of the NFL.

Just now, onmyown said:

I hope not. On year removed from a franchise qb and were are desperate? I like to believe we’re just taking our lumps right now. It may realistically take a little while to land a franchise QB...just like well almost any other team that has one.

All I am hoping is by the time he arrives our oline and defense case rise out of the bottom third of the NFL.

Tepper is going into year three and still hasn't seen his team field a high quality QB. Cam was already broken by the time Tepper bought the team. He's feeling desperation.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper is going into year three and still hasn't seen his team field a high quality QB. Cam was already broken by the time Tepper bought the team. He's feeling desperation.

True, seems like he just can’t win with the fans. Kept cam on the bench hoping he’d heal for 2+ years without a second thought about investing in a new QB, then was berated by fans saying he did Cam wrong.

Would've been nice to move on earlier. Same can be said with Rivera and Hurney.

I’ll chalk that up to his learning curve, but it still doesn’t mean landing a QB won’t take time. Hope he keeps his head in the game, getting desperate results in bad moves....I mean that’s why we have TB.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeaaap.

We have a coach+GM+owner combo ready to find and agree on a guy for the future.

And I think NYJ getting Watson is the deal. Even though HOU has made pretty awful moves, I just don’t see them wanting anything but pick 2 to get Wilson, some more picks and a young defensive talent which they have. 

But I also sense our desperation will culminate in a trade up to either pick 3, 5, or 6 to grab Justin Fields (priority 1) or Trey Lance at 5/6.  I just don’t see us staying put, we’ll be aggressive with who we want.

This just doesn’t seem like a situation where we see who falls, get Slater/top talent, then grab Mitch & a R2-3 QB like Mond. I mean, maybe?

And I do think Mac is a first rounder but he’s just not what we need. It does us no good being stuck with a guy that presents such a bland option. He’s not dynamic enough.

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

True, seems like he just can’t win with the fans. Kept cam on the bench hoping he’d heal for 2+ years without a second thought about investing in a new QB, then was berated by fans saying he did Cam wrong.

Would've been nice to move on earlier. Same can be said with Rivera and Hurney.

I’ll chalk that up to his learning curve, but it still doesn’t mean landing a QB won’t take time. Hope he keeps his head in the game, getting desperate results in bad moves....I mean that’s why we have TB.

You don't give up on a franchise QB until you're sure he isn't salvageable and now we're seeing why that is. They don't exactly grow on trees.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, davos said:

Yeaaap.

We have a coach+GM+owner combo ready to find and agree on a guy for the future.

And I think NYJ getting Watson is the deal. Even though HOU has made pretty awful moves, I just don’t see them wanting anything but pick 2 to get Wilson, some more picks and a young defensive talent which they have. 

But I also sense our desperation will culminate in a trade up to either pick 3, 5, or 6 to grab Justin Fields (priority 1) or Trey Lance at 5/6.  I just don’t see us staying put, we’ll be aggressive with who we want.

This just doesn’t seem like a situation where we see who falls, get Slater/top talent, then grab Mitch & a R2-3 QB like Mond. I mean, maybe?

And I do think Mac is a first rounder but he’s just not what we need. It does us no good being stuck with a guy that presents such a bland option. He’s not dynamic enough.

Yeah, I really think that our inability to offer the Texans the guaranteed opportunity to draft a QB may be our undoing in the Watson race. The Jets can do it. We can't. We probably need the Jets and Dolphins both to bow out of the race to have a shot.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fug.

At this point I'd take Teddy back.

Of course all this nonsense could have been avoided if we had just done a proper tank with Kyle Allen. Or hell, lost the Washington game.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1