• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

Just now, Khyber53 said:

A bunch of teams are having to shed either overpriced QBs or overpriced OTs right now (KC has let both of their starting offensive tackles go). Getting one of the most expensive ones when we really don't have any long term solutions at tackle in house and probably giving up draft picks for multiple years... This is really like borrowing more money when you're still in debt.

I'll cheer for Watson if he suits up in a Panthers uniform certainly, but I'll say it for the umpteenth time "this is a terrible idea that could harm us for years."

It could harm us for years.

It could also turn into the single greatest move in franchise history, depending on what Rhule & co can do with later round draft picks and others.

It is a massive gamble, but how many first round picks is one of the top 3 QBs in the league worth, do you think?  And how many first round picks are we willing to potentially "waste" before we land someone even close to that good?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean.....most of us pretty much saw the writing on the wall when he told Culley he wasn't going to play for them. 

Only the Houston front office and @SizzleBuzz seem to believe anything otherwise. Actually, the front office probably knew it too. They just can't come out and say that. So only @SizzleBuzz

Ol’ Fizzledudz yeah we won’t hear much from him no more lol

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It could also turn into the single greatest move in franchise history, depending on what Rhule & co can do with later round draft picks and others.

It is a massive gamble, but how many first round picks is one of the top 3 QBs in the league worth, do you think?  And how many first round picks are we willing to potentially "waste" before we land someone even close to that good?

This is what I’ve been trying to tell anyone against it. You want to give up 8 pick for 4th best qb or move up to get 2nd or third best giving up two first and more picks for an unknown. Or give up some more for the real deal and be set for years, there is only one answer!

8 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I started out believing he would not be traded. By a month ago I thought the odds were 50/50. I now believe a trade will happen 80/20. I hate to beat a dead horse but here goes. That WFT win just keeps taking “ a pound of flesh” from the Panthers. It is going to be rough to outbid the Jets and Dolphins. Make it happen. Liar’s poker awaits.

I mean maybe the Jets and Dolphins are not interested in mortgaging their futures to land Watson?  Maybe Watson does not approve a trade to either of those 2 teams?

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Umm, I'm not sure that he's a top 3 QB in the league right now. Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Allen (go figure) are all probably more sure things among QBs not at the end of their careers, and then you've got Brady in the mix as he holds off retirement yet again. Maybe even Russell Wilson could be better with the right personnel.

And maybe it's just me, but when people talk about how great you are AND you start demanding a trade, I begin to wonder if it isn't just marketing by Watson's representation and maybe even Houston's leadership who want to get him and his contract moved out and rake in a ton of opportunities. 

Even if he was a top 3 QB, the price for him is astronomical, besides the contract (which has a massive hit in 2022 even beyond the signing bonus that stays on Houston's books). We're talking sending players AND multiple first round picks and maybe some later rounders. If we do that then who do we put on the field with him to actually play the game? 

If we get Watson, there will be plenty of room for a Lombardi trophy because our cupboard will truly be bare. 

Once again, this ain't Madden where one star player on easy mode can win every game and take you to the championship.

• Pie 6
  • Poo 5