• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Seems weird this comes out right after restructures from CMC and Shaq.

celebrate hell yeah GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I couldn't help but think of the same thing.  Part of the reason CMC would not be traded was because of his salary and now it's changed.  Also they wanted defensive players and maybe CMC and Shaq are part of the equation.  

I would hate to see us lose him but if it is necessary to get Watson than it's a gamble I think the front office is willing to make. 

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

definitely weird since, you know, the Texans have just been ignoring everything and anything related to trade offers 😉

Looking too much into I’m sure, but Shaq didn’t look very happy at the retirement pictures today, maybe he’s just not a smiler? 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean maybe the Jets and Dolphins are not interested in mortgaging their futures to land Watson?  Maybe Watson does not approve a trade to either of those 2 teams?

I believe he has already said he would approve the trade with either team. I have a strong suspicion that each team will make a play for Watson. At a minimum, the Panthers will likely assume that each team will be interested.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Looking too much into I’m sure, but Shaq didn’t look very happy at the retirement pictures today, maybe he’s just not a smiler? 

He’s a fraction of the players that Luke and TD were in their primes. Shaq is an above-average LB who got to play with legends so he gets lumped with good players by proxy. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Umm, I'm not sure that he's a top 3 QB in the league right now. Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Allen (go figure) are all probably more sure things among QBs not at the end of their careers, and then you've got Brady in the mix as he holds off retirement yet again. Maybe even Russell Wilson could be better with the right personnel.

And maybe it's just me, but when people talk about how great you are AND you start demanding a trade, I begin to wonder if it isn't just marketing by Watson's representation and maybe even Houston's leadership who want to get him and his contract moved out and rake in a ton of opportunities. 

Even if he was a top 3 QB, the price for him is astronomical, besides the contract (which has a massive hit in 2022 even beyond the signing bonus that stays on Houston's books). We're talking sending players AND multiple first round picks and maybe some later rounders. If we do that then who do we put on the field with him to actually play the game? 

If we get Watson, there will be plenty of room for a Lombardi trophy because our cupboard will truly be bare. 

Once again, this ain't Madden where one star player on easy mode can win every game and take you to the championship.

Lamar Jackson and John Allen are more of a sure thing than Deshaun Watson?

Edited by joemac
  • Pie 4

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Lamar Jackson and John Allen are more of a sure thing than Deshaun Watson?

Lamar fell off the map half way through the season.  He was initially in the MVP voting and disappeared and people started questioning whether he could take Baltimore to the promise land.  JOSH Allen is a great young player but neither are as good as Watson.  If we get Watson and get a good O-line and continue to build our defense.

He'll be our 2nd MVP QB. 

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Lamar fell off the map half way through the season.  He was initially in the MVP voting and disappeared and people started questioning whether he could take Baltimore to the promise land.  JOSH Allen is a great young player but neither are as good as Watson.  If we get Watson and get a good O-line and continue to build our defense.

He'll be our 2nd MVP QB. 

Agreed 100%.  There are not a lot of young QB's i'd take over Josh Allen, but Watson is certainly one of them.