• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

I am nervous about what we would have to give up to make this happen but if we can pull it off it will be worth it only if we can protect him. As an aside what is with the gatekeeping of this conversation? What else is there for Panthers fans to discuss?

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

This was NOT said in a direct reference to Watson, however; if "we're not one player away" is the sentiment of the team, I would argue it's applicable to how the team may view spending the kind of resources it will take to acquire Watson. 

Fair to think that, but we've been pretty public about going after Watson. Also, you could just as easily read that "targeted" is referring to the money they are freeing up is pointed at a single target.... DW

• Pie 1

Taking the Fitterer quote about bargain shopping and the CMC/Shaq restructures in tandem, I will be surprised if we DON'T land Watson at this point.  We clearly have been making moves to clear up space and in preparation of something that's more than just signing guys off the trash heap in the 4th wave of FAs.  There is something else going on...  and I wasn't sure we could get him before, but I'm fairly certain Watson is coming here now.

Edit: Now, idk if those restructures were just for cap space or were prepping them to be more palatable for Houston to be dealt...

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

You back to wanting Watson? I know last week u was saying u gave up and said let’s not do it.

It's an emotional rollercoaster right now.

I'd be happy we've got the franchise QB back. I'd look forward to building the offense around Watson and DJ.

Just now, rippadonn said:

It's an emotional rollercoaster right now.

I'd be happy we've got the franchise QB back. I'd look forward to building the offense around Watson and DJ.

That’s cool I hear ya, it’s understandable this is a big decision that could be good or bad for the next decade. I think we have to take a chance, man Tepper has to know how much revenue this would bring to the Carolinas

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

RIP @Mr. Scot

I've never said I'm against it.

Things I have said:

- The Texans are morons and have handled this stupidly

- I'm not convinced it's going to happen, but acknowledge it might

- I question that he'll wind up here if it does

- I wouldn't want us to give up too much if he did

- I also don't want us to give up too much trading up in the draft either

That's pretty much it.

• Pie 8