• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

1 hour ago, joemac said:

We start making moves like this I firmly believe we win the Super Bowl in the next 3 to 4 years.

With an 0-8 record in games decided by one score or less, a simple regression to the mean would get us almost to .500 alone. The Panthers are a QB away, AS THE ROSTER IS NOW, from competing for a Super Bowl, period. 

Problem is what other VALUE are you giving up for Watson that equates to a net loss? The Panthers don't need 3 or 4 years. We just need someone competent in close games. 

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

You MIGHT add Russell in there but I don’t think I personally would. 

He’s better but age factors in too, same with Rodgers though. Only QB I’m taking over Watson right now is Mahomes. Herbert’s pretty close but still a small sample size.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Taking the Fitterer quote about bargain shopping and the CMC/Shaq restructures in tandem, I will be surprised if we DON'T land Watson at this point.  We clearly have been making moves to clear up space and in preparation of something that's more than just signing guys off the trash heap in the 4th wave of FAs.  There is something else going on...  and I wasn't sure we could get him before, but I'm fairly certain Watson is coming here now.

Edit: Now, idk if those restructures were just for cap space or were prepping them to be more palatable for Houston to be dealt...

The only one that would be more palatable was Shaq. CMC we would have to eat a poo load of dead cap to trade him. I mean over 24million dollars worth....

14 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Taking the Fitterer quote about bargain shopping and the CMC/Shaq restructures in tandem, I will be surprised if we DON'T land Watson at this point.  We clearly have been making moves to clear up space and in preparation of something that's more than just signing guys off the trash heap in the 4th wave of FAs.  There is something else going on...  and I wasn't sure we could get him before, but I'm fairly certain Watson is coming here now.

Edit: Now, idk if those restructures were just for cap space or were prepping them to be more palatable for Houston to be dealt...

I think in CMC's case at least, trading him now would create something like 30 mil in dead cap just for him.

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

With an 0-8 record in games decided by one score or less, a simple regression to the mean would get us almost to .500 alone. The Panthers are a QB away, AS THE ROSTER IS NOW, from competing for a Super Bowl, period. 

Problem is what other VALUE are you giving up for Watson that equates to a net loss? The Panthers don't need 3 or 4 years. We just need someone competent in close games. 

Hell yes.  A real QB, in this offense, last year would have probably approached 5000 yards and had 35 TDs.  We were in nearly every single game until the end.  Teddy's bitch-assness single handedly killed us last year.  Everybody knows it.  The coaches damn sure know it.  Not saying were a QB away from setting the world on fire, but we are absolutely contenders if we land Watson as the roster stands now.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

Hell yes.  A real QB, in this offense, last year would have probably approached 5000 yards and had 35 TDs.  We were in nearly every single game until the end.  Teddy's bitch-assness single handedly killed us last year.  Everybody knows it.  The coaches damn sure know it.  Not saying were a QB away from setting the world on fire, but we are absolutely contenders if we land Watson as the roster stands now.

And there lies the rub. What do we lose by getting Watson versus waiting for the draft? Plenty of contenders in recent years with QB's on rookie deals. The trick is finding that guy. With the way the Panthers are now, I'd almost say a push for Wilson would be more prudent considering we could give up quite a bit less.

I also know the Panthers weren't a team he listed on his "No Trade Clause" waiver so who knows what would happen.