• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've never said I'm against it.

Things I have said:

- The Texans are morons and have handled this stupidly

- I'm not convinced it's going to happen, but acknowledge it might

- I question that he'll wind up here if it does

- I wouldn't want us to give up too much if he did

- I also don't want us to give up too much trading up in the draft either

That's pretty much it.

calm down big guy 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've never said I'm against it.

Things I have said:

- The Texans are morons and have handled this stupidly

- I'm not convinced it's going to happen, but acknowledge it might

- I question that he'll wind up here if it does

- I wouldn't want us to give up too much if he did

- I also don't want us to give up too much trading up in the draft either

That's pretty much it.

So... you want to just hope a franchise QB falls into our laps with the 8th pick?

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

It could harm us for years.

It could also turn into the single greatest move in franchise history, depending on what Rhule & co can do with later round draft picks and others.

It is a massive gamble, but how many first round picks is one of the top 3 QBs in the league worth, do you think?  And how many first round picks are we willing to potentially "waste" before we land someone even close to that good?

If this year is any indication the QB carousel is not stopping anytime soon.  There will be other qbs available that no one saw coming "Aaron Rodgers?" I don't see Watson as the make or break trade situation many on here do.  

1 hour ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

I started out believing he would not be traded. By a month ago I thought the odds were 50/50. I now believe a trade will happen 80/20. I hate to beat a dead horse but here goes. That WFT win just keeps taking “ a pound of flesh” from the Panthers. It is going to be rough to outbid the Jets and Dolphins. Make it happen. Liar’s poker awaits.

But the Jets and Dolphins have other options---so they will not give up too much to get him when they can get Wilson.  Miami trading Tua for Watson and a first rounder is a bit risky--but the Panthers are offering 3 first rounders.  They can trade with Carolina, get the 8th pick and maybe some players, and they can also trade the first rounders with Atlanta, for example,, and they would get Fields and Atlanta could move back age grab Jones (Ryan's replacement) or Fields or Mond....

So the Panthers are the only team in the top 8 who will go "all in".  Spoiler alert--watch Denver.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

And there lies the rub. What do we lose by getting Watson versus waiting for the draft? Plenty of contenders in recent years with QB's on rookie deals. The trick is finding that guy. With the way the Panthers are now, I'd almost say a push for Wilson would be more prudent considering we could give up quite a bit less.

I also know the Panthers weren't a team he listed on his "No Trade Clause" waiver so who knows what would happen. 

Yea they was

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

This is what I’ve been trying to tell anyone against it. You want to give up 8 pick for 4th best qb or move up to get 2nd or third best giving up two first and more picks for an unknown. Or give up some more for the real deal and be set for years, there is only one answer!

Both sides have risk.  Some people operate in a world where everything is black and white, hot and cold, etc. others understand various degrees of temperature and can function in that gray area.  There are a lot of variables.  All must be considered and nothing is guaranteed.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, CatalystNX said:

So... you want to just hope a franchise QB falls into our laps with the 8th pick?

I'm not absolutely convinced any of the runner-ups to Trevor Lawrence are going to be franchise quarterbacks.

It'd certainly be great to get a franchise quarterback, but I'm not fully sold on the idea that this will be the year that happens.