• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've still got to be able to build around him though.

I don't buy the notion that we're just a quarterback away from being a contending team, especially looking at the offensive line that'd be charged with protecting that franchise quarterback.

If I thought we were a more complete team, I could get on board with this idea. As it is, I can't.

I agree to a point.  It’s hard to know how much is too much. 

What would be your top offer? 

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I agree to a point.  It’s hard to know how much is too much. 

What would be your top offer? 

You don't want my top offer. Suffice it to say it'd be nowhere near the kind of craziness some have been proposing.

I've tried looking at it from the flipside though.

If I were a team that was being asked to trade another team my 25 year old franchise quarterback, what would I be asking?

My first answer would probably be the same as the Texans. "Hell no, I'm not trading him!"

But if it came down to the point that I had to, what I'd be asking in return would likely be something that would make God himself step back and take a deep breath.

4 hours ago, joemac said:

We start making moves like this I firmly believe we win the Super Bowl in the next 3 to 4 years.

If that happens it’ll pretty much be a historical, groundbreaking strategy by building an entire SB caliber oline and entire defense from 3 years worth of FAs lol.

Personally - I’d bet against it.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't want my top offer. Suffice it to say it'd be nowhere near the kind of craziness some have been proposing.

If I were a team that was being asked to trade another team my 25 year old franchise quarterback, what would I be asking?

My first answer would probably be the same as the Texans. "Hell no, I'm not trading him!"

But if it came down to the point that I had to, what I'd be asking in return would likely be something that would make God himself step back and take a deep breath.

I agree if I’m the Texans I’m wanting a haul.

I was just curious to what you would actually give up.

3 1st, no players? 

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I think that is entirely dependent on what the Texans need in a deal and if we can meet them. We will damn sure outbid anyone, but if they want a young stud starting QB, that is not something we can provide. I still think we are the most likely to get him, but if they wake up tomorrow and say I want Zach Wilson or Tua 100% then we can't make that happen. 

And why would they not? I sure would..... 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've still got to be able to build around him though.

I don't buy the notion that we're just a quarterback away from being a contending team, especially looking at the offensive line that'd be charged with protecting that franchise quarterback.

If I thought we were a more complete team, I could get on board with this idea. As it is, I can't.

How many games did we lose because Teddy couldn't deliver in crunch time?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have kicked this around in my head for a while since the crazies are hell bent on Watson.  Looking at what's been rumored to be the asking price and what I personally would be comfortable with giving would be like this.

My bottom line offer would be 2 1st, this year 8 and next year's.  I would give them 2 defensive players, one of either Brown or Burns and one of either Thompson or Jackson.  That's it.  Anything more and I take my chances in the draft.

• Pie 4

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have kicked this around in my head for a while since the crazies are hell bent on Watson.  Looking at what's been rumored to be the asking price and what I personally would be comfortable with giving would be like this.

My bottom line offer would be 2 1st, this year 8 and next year's.  I would give them 2 defensive players, one of either Brown or Burns and one of either Thompson or Jackson.  That's it.  Anything more and I take my chances in the draft.

I’d do this plus a 2023 third to seal the deal. 

Edited by TheCasillas

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I really don't want to part with Brown or Burns. I'd try like hell to keep those two and Chinn off the table.

55 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

2 1st. Nothing else.

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many games did we lose because Teddy couldn't deliver in crunch time?

I brag on Phil Snows season plenty, but the D could have also stopped the score that lead to being down too. Teddy still crap the 0-8 bed too. Plus some of those were also down by 8, so needed a 2 pointer too...

57 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Me when talks include trading Chinn, Brown, Burns, and first rounders..

clutching dave chappelle GIF

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1