• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It is when you're a troll.

I have no idea what's going to happen. I know a lot of things that could happen, but who knows what will?

That said, even if I had a firm guarantee as to what I believed and it all came true, being right is only fun when you're right about something good.

If I predicted we were going to be the worst team in the league next year and it came true, it wouldn't make watching us be terrible suck any less.

I want to see us make good decisions and win. Whether or not those decisions are what I think they will be or that I want them to be isn't really that important.

If being right on a message board is more important to someone than watching the team win, I don't really know what to tell them.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have no idea what's going to happen. I know a lot of things that could happen, but who knows what will?

That said, even if I had a firm guarantee as to what I believed and it all came true, being right is only fun when you're right about something good.

If I predicted we were going to be the worst team in the league next year and it came true, it wouldn't make watching us be terrible suck any less.

I want to see us make good decisions and win. Whether or not those decisions are what I think they will be or that I want them to be isn't really that important.

If being right on a message board is more important to someone than watching the team win, I don't really know what to tell them.

If u still think he won’t be traded after that interview with Trotter ur crazy. Lol he knew he let it out and couldn’t back track that was funny as hell and they called him out on it. So now it’s just when will it happen

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We would've contended for a playoff berth last year with Watson.

Considering Watson was only able to get 4 wins, and according to the Huddle a QB is solely responsible for the teams record, idk about the team being playoff bound with him at the helm. Plugging Watson in doesn't magically make the defense better last year either.

That doesn't mean don't get him if he's available of course, but the idea that the only thing holding this team back from a postseason last year was a QB is ignorant at best, willfully misleading at worst.

• Pie 3

I love Brian Burns as much as anyone on this board.  But we over-hype our good players like most fans do.  Is he our greatest asset right now?  Absolutely.  But the difference between him, Chinn, Brown, DJ, Moton, and the rest is ASTRONOMICAL.

Here are the other D-Ends drafted in the 1st round of Burns’ same exact class class:

Nick Bosa (Rookie of the Year)

Montez Sweat

Josh Allen ( Pro Bowler as a rookie)

Quinnen Williams (also being discussed in a deal for Deshaun)

Christian Wilkins, Clemson

Clelin Ferrel, Clemson

Ed Oliver

And there are many others.  At best I think you could say Burns is the 2nd or 3rd best of the class, possibly 4th or 5th.  That’s awesome, but that’s ONE CLASS.   Is he even a top 15 DE in the league right now?

Deshaun Watson is the 2nd most valuable *player* in the NFL.  

Defensive linemen are very replaceable and can perform at a high level in year 1/2.  Pro Bowl Franchise quarterbacks at age 25 are absolutely *never* available on the open market.  But they are today.

So you do what you have to do.  Absolutely no current player is untradeable.  That’s what negotiations are for, but we have to outbid everyone to make it happen.  We don’t have a Tua on our roster to offer, that’s the whole point.

Come home DeShaun.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

If u still think he won’t be traded after that interview with Trotter ur crazy. Lol he knew he let it out and couldn’t back track that was funny as hell and they called him out on it. So now it’s just when will it happen

I remember when people made a big deal out of Dave Gettleman pausing seven seconds to answer a question about Cam Newton. The pause didn't really mean anything but it became a huge deal as if it did.

That's one of many reasons why I don't necessarily think those two words negate an entire several sentences of "we're not trading him", "we're committed to him" and "he's a Texan". This could all just be a pretty big example of reading into it what you want to see.

Throw in that with media types, overanalysis these days is the rule rather the exception. Yet even so, not all analysts are treating this as if it means anything.

Bottom Line: it's possible this means something, but also possible it doesn't. The case that it does isn't really strong enough to convince me to treat this as breaking news.

Maybe Watson gets traded. Maybe he doesn't.

Same as yesterday...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember when people made a big deal out of Dave Gettleman pausing seven seconds to answer a question about Cam Newton. The pause didn't really mean anything but it became a huge deal as if it did.

That's one of many reasons why I don't necessarily think those two words negate an entire several sentences of "we're not trading him", "we're committed to him" and "he's a Texan". This could all just be a pretty big example of reading into it what you want to see.

Throw in that with media types, overanalysis these days is the rule rather the exception. Yet even so, not all analysts are treating this as if it means anything.

Bottom Line: it's possible this means something, but also possible it doesn't. The case that it does isn't really strong enough to convince me to treat this as breaking news.

Maybe Watson gets traded. Maybe he doesn't.

Same as yesterday...

OMG you really still think it’s not happening after that? Wow you can’t really read body language and the way his facial expressions changed, it even caught Trotter and Wyche off guard. SMH

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

Considering Watson was only able to get 4 wins, and according to the Huddle a QB is solely responsible for the teams record, idk about the team being playoff bound with him at the helm. Plugging Watson in doesn't magically make the defense better last year either.

That doesn't mean don't get him if he's available of course, but the idea that the only thing holding this team back from a postseason last year was a QB is ignorant at best, willfully misleading at worst.

Nobody is saying what you’re arguing against.  If you’re the lowly Brooklyn Nets and you have a chance at Kevin Durant...YOU GO GET HIM!  Is he the final answer?  Of course not.

But now all of a sudden you are an attractive destination, you get James Harden, Blake Griffin, Kyrie Irving, Deandre Jordan...and you’re instantly the favorite to win an NBA Championship.

Team sports are superstar-centric.  Nobody wins anymore with a ton of above average dudes.  If you have a chance at a Top-5 player in their prime, you go all out.  Patrick Mahomes is making HALF A BILLION DOLLARS by the way and I don’t hear any Chiefs fans complaining.  He’s the only player ahead of Deshaun right now in terms of current value.

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Recipe for a post-season click bait article:

Take a heap of speculation, add a pinch of fact, stir occasionally.

Number of servings:  Feeds entire fanbase

Not really speculation watch the podcast they got Culley to talk and he said the wrong thing. Pretty funny, Watson is getting traded. It’s really actual news!