• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Recipe for a post-season click bait article:

Take a heap of speculation, add a pinch of fact, stir occasionally.

Number of servings:  Feeds entire fanbase

I think at this point there are people who would take news of David Tepper asking "What's on TV" as a subtle sign that we're trading for Deshaun Watson.

As before, maybe we will, maybe we won't, but either way the entire universe isn't necessarily crying out with clues.

16 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

OMG you really still think it’s not happening after that? Wow you can’t really read body language and the way his facial expressions changed, it even caught Trotter and Wyche off guard. SMH

Are you actually 12 years of age or is acting that way just part of your overall act and persona? 

We know you want Watson but just calm down a bit. @Mr. Scot isn’t really wrong either. You both have opinions and that’s really all it is right now. 

Houston obviously don’t want to trade Watson though it’s becoming more clear to them they may have to. That said, it doesn’t mean they’ll do it this year and if/when they do, it doesn’t mean it’ll be to us. 

To the people on here that I keep reading acting as if they know exactly how things are going to play out, chill out. You don’t know. You have an opinion and that’s fine. Ripping everyone else that has a differing opinion than yours however, is extremely childish. Because nobody on here knows. Nobody.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think at this point there are people who would take news of David Tepper asking "What's on TV" as a subtle sign that we're trading for Deshaun Watson.

As before, maybe we will, maybe we won't, but either way the entire universe isn't necessarily crying out with clues.

Dude u really have no clue, u just like to piss fans off it’s really annoying.

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Are you actually 12 years of age or is acting that way just part of your overall act and persona? 

We know you want Watson but just calm down a bit. @Mr. Scot isn’t really wrong either. You both have opinions and that’s really all it is right now. 

Houston obviously don’t want to trade Watson though it’s becoming more clear to them they may have to. That said, it doesn’t mean they’ll do it this year and if/when they do, it doesn’t mean it’ll be to us. 

To the people on here that I keep reading acting as if they know exactly how things are going to play out, chill out. You don’t know. You have an opinion and that’s fine. Ripping everyone else that has a differing opinion than yours however, is extremely childish. Because nobody on here knows. Nobody.

No I rip Debbie downers that come on here to  just give bad news and like they know something is not happening. As for you nobody asked u so just mind ur own business

Keep Watson for that high ass price. He is NOT worth giving up 3-4 first rounders and a core player and then his high ass contract. Get him and watch how sorry this team becomes because we have no means to build around him. If he staff if as good as some think then they should have no problems scouting and developing a prospect. Screw that 3-4 first rounders for Watson. What a joke

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

No I rip Debbie downers that come on here to  just give bad news and like they know something is not happening. As for you nobody asked u so just mind ur own business

Ah, so you are actually 12 then.

Being a “Debbie downer” is also an opinion. Because if we have to gut this team to get Watson then suddenly we don’t have any more talent than the Texans but in a much tougher division than the one they currently play in. 

How many playoff wins has Watson carried them to so far? How many championships has he won with them? 

I am all for getting him if the price is reasonable. But it doesn’t sound like it will be. Suddenly, from my perspective, the ones saying “send them 3 1sts, Chinn, Burns and CMC” are Debbie downers to me. Then we just become the Texans of the NFC South

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Ah, so you are actually 12 then.

Being a “Debbie downer” is also an opinion. Because if we have to gut this team to get Watson then suddenly we don’t have any more talent than the Texans but in a much tougher division than the one they currently play in. 

How many playoff wins has Watson carried them to so far? How many championships has he won with them? 

I am all for getting him if the price is reasonable. But it doesn’t sound like it will be. Suddenly, from my perspective, the ones saying “send them 3 1sts, Chinn, Burns and CMC” are Debbie downers to me. Then we just become the Texans of the NFC South

Yeah and you probably think Teddy can win us a SB lol, and to go up to get the 2nd or 3rd qb in draft we have to give up stuff. So your opinion really don’t make sense.

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah and you probably think Teddy can win us a SB lol, and to go up to get the 2nd or 3rd qb in draft we have to give up stuff. So your opinion really don’t make sense.

Neither does your grammar. But no, I’m well aware we need another QB. But giving up potentially 6 starters to get Watson isn’t a good move.

Watson for most of his career has had Hopkins and Fuller. I’m the biggest DJ Moore fan you’ll find but those two are better than DJ and Anderson. 

Trading away CMC essentially gives Watson a worse running game than he’s had there. The Oline is a push. Houston has had better TEs for him.

Both defenses are terrible but suggesting we trade two of our only four mentionable defensive starters means we are one of the worst defenses heading into the season next year. And we have the Saints and Bucs coming off a super bowl win. He only had to compete with the Titans and still couldn’t get a playoff win.

I love Watson. He’s the 4th or 5th best QB in the league. Won’t matter. If we have to gut ourselves of talent to get him we will be bringing him into a tougher situation to overcome than the one he’s been in. 

I’m spelling this out pretty clearly. Keep your blinders on if you want but I’m talking reality here champ. The only advantage he will have is coaching staff. Other than the, we will be amongst the least talented teams in the league with no first round picks to improve that for 3 years.

• Pie 4

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Neither does your grammar. But no, I’m well aware we need another QB. But giving up potentially 6 starters to get Watson isn’t a good move.

Watson for most of his career has had Hopkins and Fuller. I’m the biggest DJ Moore fan you’ll find but those two are better than DJ and Anderson. 

Trading away CMC essentially gives Watson a worse running game than he’s had there. The Oline is a push. Houston has had better TEs for him.

Both defenses are terrible but suggesting we trade two of our only four mentionable defensive starters means we are one of the worst defenses heading into the season next year. And we have the Saints and Bucs coming off a super bowl win. He only had to compete with the Titans and still couldn’t get a playoff win.

I love Watson. He’s the 4th or 5th best QB in the league. Won’t matter. If we have to gut ourselves of talent to get him we will be bringing him into a tougher situation to overcome than the one he’s been in. 

I’m spelling this out pretty clearly. Keep your blinders on if you want but I’m talking reality here champ. The only advantage he will have is coaching staff. Other than the, we will be amongst the least talented teams in the league with no first round picks to improve that for 3 years.

We will not give up CMC to get him.

I keep coming back to this thread to see if there is more news because there are now 14 pages, and all I see is a bunch of stupid finger pointing and name calling nonsense from the same few names.  Damn, folks--please shut up so people with input can contribute meaningful thoughts and ideas---I don't care what you think or how poorly your self esteem handles disagreement.  Get a sports car and buy some Axe body spray. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I keep coming back to this thread to see if there is more news because there are now 14 pages, and all I see is a bunch of stupid finger pointing and name calling nonsense from the same few names.  Damn, folks--please shut up so people with input can contribute meaningful thoughts and ideas---I don't care what you think or how poorly your self esteem handles disagreement.  Get a sports car and buy some Axe body spray. 

So u have a problem about people complaining in this thread just to complain yourself, makes sense.

• Pie 1