• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

5 minutes ago, electricbluecats said:

Seeing some people still listing CMC or Shaq as potential trade pieces this year, and to be clear yesterday's restructures made it 100% certain they will be on the roster for next season. All of the salary converted to signing bonus became guaranteed yesterday, meaning it would have to be added on top of the already large potential dead cap charges resulting from a cut or trade. 

stop making sense.  Don't wake the dreamers.  

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, electricbluecats said:

Seeing some people still listing CMC or Shaq as potential trade pieces this year, and to be clear yesterday's restructures made it 100% certain they will be on the roster for next season. All of the salary converted to signing bonus became guaranteed yesterday, meaning it would have to be added on top of the already large potential dead cap charges resulting from a cut or trade. 

I keep seeing people posting this. I think people are forgetting that HOU is in pretty bad cap shape themselves. 

I'm not saying we will or should trade them. Just pointing out that, the same thing that will make it more painful for us to trade them, makes them more attractive to any potential suitors. 

• Pie 1

Funny how we are having to restructure Hurney's dumbassery.  He loves giving RBs big contracts and he just had to give Thompson a big deal.  If you pay a player more than they are worth, he has to know by now it tends to get that player released and creates dead cap money.   It is not security--it is just bad business.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You've still got to be able to build around him though.

I don't buy the notion that we're just a quarterback away from being a contending team, especially looking at the offensive line that'd be charged with protecting that franchise quarterback.

If I thought we were a more complete team, I could get on board with this idea. As it is, I can't.

I agree Mr. Scot, but this is the year to get it done.  If we can somehow get Watson the free agent market is going to be full of players that will take one or two year deals. at value to us, until the cap goes back up.   I think we are freeing up money to do just that.  Build our line with free agents and what remains of our draft choices draft BPA whether offense or defense.

Hopefully, we can sign Miller and a couple of the other decent o-linemen we had last year.

10 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

If u still think he won’t be traded after that interview with Trotter ur crazy. Lol he knew he let it out and couldn’t back track that was funny as hell and they called him out on it. So now it’s just when will it happen

If you watch the video he also shook his head no when he said it. People who read body language will tell you that it's a subconscious response when we are deceiving. His head is answering the question truthfully. He's even shaking it firmly no if you watch it. I knew the answer before he even said a word.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I remember when people made a big deal out of Dave Gettleman pausing seven seconds to answer a question about Cam Newton. The pause didn't really mean anything but it became a huge deal as if it did.

That's one of many reasons why I don't necessarily think those two words negate an entire several sentences of "we're not trading him", "we're committed to him" and "he's a Texan". This could all just be a pretty big example of reading into it what you want to see.

Throw in that with media types, overanalysis these days is the rule rather the exception. Yet even so, not all analysts are treating this as if it means anything.

Bottom Line: it's possible this means something, but also possible it doesn't. The case that it does isn't really strong enough to convince me to treat this as breaking news.

Maybe Watson gets traded. Maybe he doesn't.

Same as yesterday...

I would recommend watching the 2 responses together. In January his response is completely different. Not just the words but HOW he says it. January  Pay attention to his head movements. His chin is up and he strongly moves his head forward when speaking. He's showing confidence it what he's saying and his words are strong too. "He is GOING TO BE a Texan" The structure "to be going to" is often used emphatically. 

Now watch the interview from yesterday. His chin is down and he's shaking his head no and not moving forward with his chin up as in January and instead of saying "He is GOING TO BE a Texan", he says "He's our QB, Right Now" and he says Right Now emphatically. His response is completely different in all ways and not just the words. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I would recommend watching the 2 responses together. In January his response is completely different. Not just the words but HOW he says it. January  Pay attention to his head movements. His chin is up and he strongly moves his head forward when speaking. He's showing confidence it what he's saying and his words are strong too. "He is GOING TO BE a Texan" The structure "to be going to" is often used emphatically. 

Now watch the interview from yesterday. His chin is down and he's shaking his head no and not moving forward with his chin up as in January and instead of saying "He is GOING TO BE a Texan", he says "He's our QB, Right Now" and he says Right Now emphatically. His response is completely different in all ways and not just the words. 

Forgot the 2nd link Yesterday

42 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Forgot the 2nd link Yesterday

49 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

That’s what I was trying to tell people yesterday I mean if we get Watson I will be happy but people saying he was not going to be traded is crazy. After I seen that I was like he is most definitely gone and it will be before draft.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

That’s what I was trying to tell people yesterday I mean if we get Watson I will be happy but people saying he was not going to be traded is crazy. After I seen that I was like he is most definitely gone and it will be before draft.

I'm all in.  I just hope they get it done as soon as possible.  Waiting until draft day would hurt us immensely.  We wouldn't be able to target free agents properly.   If we have it done on the 17th would be amazing.  I highly doubt it but I hope it is done not long after.

13 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Also, have you seen the press conference from AFTER the podcast? It's even worse. First he licks his lips and swallows hard (bad signs) then he puts his head, shakes no as he says Watson is committed to the Texans because they are committed to him and he's stuttering and having difficulty speaking and keeps looking down. Plus what he says doesn't make any sense as everyone knows Watson isn't committed to them. I felt bad for Culley. He's being put in a horrible situation before his first season even begins. I think now he's starting to understand why Watson wants out of Texas and what a mistake he made by accepting that job. The last conference is honestly hard to watch. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I keep seeing people posting this. I think people are forgetting that HOU is in pretty bad cap shape themselves. 

I'm not saying we will or should trade them. Just pointing out that, the same thing that will make it more painful for us to trade them, makes them more attractive to any potential suitors. 

Oh I'm not forgetting. I was advocating for that as a trade benefit before the restructures. The point is that ship has sailed for 2021, unless you think the team is really about to carry $43m of additional dead cap charge for moving those two.