• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen wants to make sure Cam Newton isn't forgotten

34 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure running the ball is the fix I would want, but I suppose so.

I wouldn't say running the ball so much as just not throwing it.

In between those passes and runs was an awful lot of handoffs.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:46 PM, ForJimmy said:

Cam will get his spotlight whenever he decides to retire. The Panthers will offer him a one day contract and the same respect Olsen and Davis are getting. He will always be one of the all time great Panthers.

And Cam, being pure class, will likely accept and continue to be pure class.

But I'm still hoping and praying he'll tell them to shove their one-day contract and any future honors up David Tepper's rectum until they reach Tepper's pharynx.

Edited by tiger7_88
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, Zaximus said:

History will look back and realize that Cam had one of the best QB seasons of ALL time in 2015.    It was amazing.   Especially with the talent he had.

He also had one of those type seasons in college.

Cam was a generational talent, we blew it not building around him better, but I won't ever forget what he gave us here and the thrills.

Carolina had filet mignon (Cam) and lobster (Luke) and decided to throw it in a pot and make a stew with a turd (MoRon Rivera) and some urine broth (Mike Shula).

Cam is my favorite panther ever and that’s saying a lot. He was just so exciting and electrifying. Never got the credit he deserved. His rookie season was one of the best of all time and yet the media talked more about The Golden Calf of Bristol. 

I will always root for him. He did so much for our team and community. Those were some great years. He made some plays happen that I still can’t believe. 

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And Cam, being pure class, will likely accept and continue to be pure class.

But I'm still hoping and praying he'll tell them to shove their one-day contract and any future honors up David Tepper's rectum until they reach Tepper's pharynx.

Why? Tepper didn’t ruin his career by running him into the ground with no line protecting him. Tepper gave him a chance and $20 million to play QB when his shoulder wouldn’t hold up, he was cut instead of getting another $20 million. I like Cam (one of my favorite all time players) but it was clearly the right decision...

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why? Tepper didn’t ruin his career by running him into the ground with no line protecting him. Tepper gave him a chance and $20 million to play QB when his shoulder wouldn’t hold up, he was cut instead of getting another $20 million. I like Cam (one of my favorite all time players) but it was clearly the right decision...

Because he’s a cam fan, not a Panther fan. And as you can see we still have all those creepy ass cam fanboys creeping around who call everyone names and personally attack them if they don’t agree Cam is the GOAT Panther ever lol

the irony is they think they somehow represent cam and when they borderline destroy a Panther message board for creepy mencamvstgeworld creepiness they think people hate on cam but in reality it’s his groupies that people are so annoyed by

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Because he’s a cam fan, not a Panther fan. And as you can see we still have all those creepy ass cam fanboys creeping around who call everyone names and personally attack them if they don’t agree Cam is the GOAT Panther ever lol

the irony is they think they somehow represent cam and when they borderline destroy a Panther message board for creepy mencamvstgeworld creepiness they think people hate on cam but in reality it’s his groupies that people are so annoyed by

Sayeth the guy whose entire identity is seeking out Cam threads, taking a nice, big good-ol'-boy dump in them, and criticizing your franchise's historic greatest player.

Ya just gotta love the irony.

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you think that whole "hold onto Cam until every QB position in the league is filled" thing was just silly little happenstance, do you?  That ol' Tep and Matty-boy had EVERY INTENTION of keeping Cam until the Golden Ticket known as Teddy Bridgewater fell in their laps.

You believe that, don't you?

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

So you think that whole "hold onto Cam until every QB position in the league is filled" thing was just silly little happenstance, do you?  That ol' Tep and Matty-boy had EVERY INTENTION of keeping Cam until the Golden Ticket known as Teddy Bridgewater fell in their laps.

Who would have picked him up? I mean he signed for table scraps. If another team thought he was an upgrade they could have easily made room for him. They wanted to trade Cam, but no one would do it without a physical and COVID made that not possible. 

12 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Cam stated he wanted commitment. What does that mean to you? Sounds like a new contract to me. And he was saying this rolling around in a leg cast.

That would’ve been great for cam fans but awful for the Panthers. They wanted to see if they could get something for him. Finally a FO that does that instead of letting people walk.

It was clear the Panthers lost that war because no one wanted him. Cam lost that war too because no one wanted him in FA either except for set min, which he didn’t offer for the Panthers, I assure you. What they should’ve done is told Cam boo hoo you’re playing your last year as a lame duck so we don’t waste money on TB but they didn’t. They also didn’t even attempt to scout a new QB while Cam sat on the bench for two years. Also a dumb move.

But my thoughts on Rhule and Tepper are reserved for results in a year or two, not what they did with one player. It’s a business and I don’t care what what said or done regarding cam. What I really want is to see the Panthers in the SB in the next few years. So we will see.

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Who would have picked him up? I mean he signed for table scraps. If another team thought he was an upgrade they could have easily made room for him. They wanted to trade Cam, but no one would do it without a physical and COVID made that not possible. 

So you're answer to my questions is that, yes, you believed those honest and good boys, Tepper and Rhule, hook-line-and-sinker.

Why didn't you just say so?

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

So you're answer to my questions is that, yes, you believed those honest and good boys, Tepper and Rhule, hook-line-and-sinker.

Why didn't you just say so?

Wanting to trade a player and releasing him once there are no takers isn’t that common. He was told early to seek a trade. If he was such a hot commodity, teams should have been lined up...

11 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Wanting to trade a player and releasing him once there are no takers isn’t that common. He was told early to seek a trade. If he was such a hot commodity, teams should have been lined up...

Again, a simple "yes" will suffice.