• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Norris believes WR 3 is a big need this offseason

GoobyPls

Thinks it’s a bigger need than LB or safety, goes on to explain that in Joe Brady offense you need 3 good WR.

13:20

Also find it interesting the panthers currently have the least amount of money invested in the O-line, in the entire league by a good margin.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Thinks it’s a bigger need than LB or safety, goes on to explain that in Joe Brady offense you need 3 good WR.

13:20

Also find it interesting the panthers currently have the least amount of money invested in the O-line, in the entire league by a good margin.

This should be no surprise considering we only have 2 starters returning out of 5. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Not sure about 3rd biggest need but it is a need.

We do not know how much Anderson will demand for 2022+. But DJ Moore 5th year option would be 11+ for 2022 and franchise tag in 2023 would be 17+ million.

In the 2020 draft there were a bunch of wr in the middle and late rounds that showed promise and could breakout this season. So I would be willing to use 2 picks on that position if the right players are available. Either 4-5 round pick and one of the 6 picks.

Snap count 2020

DJ Moore 81%

Robbie Andersson 78%

Curtis Samuel 64%

Cooper 14%

Zylstra 12%

Roberts 9%

Kirkwood 3%

24 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

CMC would take some snaps away when healthy, Samuel is obsolete when CMC returns anyway.

CMC can't replace a #3 WR but he can make that loss less impactful. Namely because CMC isn't capable of being a deep threat WR.

Hopefully we are able to sign or draft a guy that can provide that extra weapon that Samuel was. 

I don’t agree with that take at all. An average MLB gets us two more wins last year and our line is, and was, non existent.

I’d throw a couple pennies at Kenny Stills for depth. Should be super cheap depth since he wasn’t even active last year. He is what he is at this point but he has some speed and, like DJ, can play inside and out.

Also he has some rapport with Watson so that would be a plus. 😉

Edited by imminent rogaine

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

QB and LT are still the biggest needs. I’m sure will sign a vet WR or draft someone like Rogers from Clemson in the middle rounds. You (likely) won’t find a capable QB or LT in the middle rounds.

In my opinion. 1. QB 2. LT 3. MLB

any other suggestions to me are laughable. It’s these by a mile, everything else isn’t close

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1