• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriot fans seem excited that Cams back

mrcompletely11

We'll see what NE does to give him some help.  They have a couple of players that sat out 2020 so that'll help them too.  If they give him some weapons he'll have a great season and will be a big target next offseason. 

Many think he is done.  I am not one of them.  He has shyt for receivers and still managed to win more games than we did.   TB5 in New England would have put them in contention with the Jets and Jacksonville as the worse team in the league. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

NE could have had Mahomes last season and the offense would have look putrid

Mahomes is always throwing to wide open All-Pro TE's and WR's

Bit of a stretch. He wouldn’t be as effective but I think he could at least throw for 20 TDs

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yes it did. His arm was okay. You just want to fit a narrative. He did NOT struggle to throw beyond 5 yards. He was fine. 

What narrative? Nobody rooted for him last year harder than me, watching most of his games.  I am just speaking truth, not bashing Cam.  I would love to be wrong. 

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yes it did. His arm was okay. You just want to fit a narrative. He did NOT struggle to throw beyond 5 yards. He was fine. 

Like I said they have a perfect example they can look up at anytime to see what a shot arm looks like. Jake Delhomme 2009 season. I know Jake had issues with a different part of his arm but if you can't throw football you can't throw a football. There were definitely some rough spots but last year was 100% not an indicator he can't throw the ball. These people need to purchase the all-22 and educate themselves on that front

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Like I said they have a perfect example they can look up at anytime to see what a shot arm looks like. Jake Delhomme 2009 season. I know Jake had issues with a different part of his arm but if you can't throw football you can't throw a football. There were definitely some rough spots but last year was 100% not an indicator he can't throw the ball. These people need to purchase the all-22 and educate themselves on that front

Belichick is concerned with Cam's arm strength, but liked him enough to give him another year.  I would be very surprised if he plays much better.  

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/bill-belichick-cam-newton-main-concern-arm

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

Belichick is concerned with Cam's arm strength, but liked him enough to give him another year.  I would be very surprised if he plays much better.  

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/new-england-patriots/bill-belichick-cam-newton-main-concern-arm

If Cam didn't have arm strength he would have thrown more than 10 INTs in 15 games (He threw 50% of his INTS in weeks 5 and 6 after he returned from Covid then only threw 3 INTS the rest of the year). And he wouldn't have completed 66% of his passes on the year either. Again, after weeks 5 and 6 Cam only threw 3 INTs the rest of the season. If he had a weak arm he would have undoubtedly had way more turnovers.

Even in the last game of the year when his arm should have been at it's weakest point of the season (remember Pats had a very early Bye Week) he had an 8.1 Y/A 250 yards passing and 3 passing TDs. It was against the Jets sure but if his arm was SHOT there's no way in hell he puts up those numbers. And there's no way in hell he only throws 3 INTS from week 6 to 16.

I again reference Jake Delhomme. 2009. His arm was DONE. He was a turnover machine and couldn't complete a pass down the field. That was NOT Cam Newton in 2020. I'm not sure what you were watching because you said you watched the games I'm starting to believe that you didn't and only looked at the NFL.com highlights they release after every game.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

If Cam didn't have arm strength he would have thrown more than 10 INTs in 15 games (He threw 50% of his INTS in weeks 5 and 6 after he returned from Covid then only threw 3 INTS the rest of the year). And he wouldn't have completed 66% of his passes on the year either. Again, after weeks 5 and 6 Cam only threw 3 INTs the rest of the season. If he had a weak arm he would have undoubtedly had way more turnovers.

Even in the last game of the year when his arm should have been at it's weakest point of the season (remember Pats had a very early Bye Week) he had an 8.1 Y/A 250 yards passing and 3 passing TDs. It was against the Jets sure but if his arm was SHOT there's no way in hell he puts up those numbers. And there's no way in hell he only throws 3 INTS from week 6 to 16.

That's because he wasn't attempting many throws beyond short and intermediate.  With the same group of crappy wide receivers, Patriots went from throwing 58% of the time with Tom Brady, to only 47% of the time with Cam Newton. They went from 8th best passing offense (yds/game) in 2019, to 29th in 2020.  

Read the comments on their fan message board, 99% are shocked he was resigned.