• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai Turner Released

Troys99x4

No, bring back John Miller and address one of the two remaining OL starting positions in the 2nd round.  Many potential starting OL could be available by our second pick. 

Guys like Alex Leatherwood, Wyatt Davis, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Eichenberg, Trey Smith.

Fill the remaining spot through free agency.

• Pie 5

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I don't know. His motivation level seems questionable at absolute best these days and I think we're going to have a lot of young OL in the locker room. Not sure he's the best vet mentor for that type of room. If we're bringing back a former player on the OL I'd rather have Norwell.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, no.

Norwell? Yeah. Turner? Nope.

Honestly I would like to hear why. Trai Turner has more accolades including last year being the first year he didn't make seasonal honors since 2015. Norwell has basically disappeared since leaving here. 

You question his effort, but not Norwell. Why is that? Lastly, who cares how much effort you give if you flat out aren't that good.

Lastly, Trai Turner is only 27. He is a vet, but he is still young. Norwell is still young too at 29. I just don't get it.

• Pie 5

6 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Honestly I would like to hear why. Trai Turner has more accolades including last year being the first year he didn't make seasonal honors since 2015. Norwell has basically disappeared since leaving here. 

You question his effort, but not Norwell. Why is that? Lastly, who cares how much effort you give if you flat out aren't that good.

Lastly, Trai Turner is only 27. He is a vet, but he is still young. Norwell is still young too at 29. I just don't get it.

A lot of OL just keep going back to the Pro Bowl off name recognition alone. You really thought Trai deserved a Pro Bowl nod his last year with us? That was a joke. If he was a legit Pro Bowl caliber player we wouldn't have traded him for a LT who was already reportedly mulling retirement.

Norwell has been the better OG for awhile now. He's not the elite OG the Jags paid him to be and that's why he got released, but he's a serviceable starting OG. Trai just seems to have mailed it in and he's been fat as poo for years now.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1