• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent Targets

not.Jeff.Reed

1 hour ago, not.Jeff.Reed said:

Who should we target in free agency this offseason? What do y'all think about players like

Keanu Neal

Jesse James

Janoris Jenkins

Kyle Rudolph

Jesse James ain’t really an upgrade probably at best a solid #2 TE. So for cheap I wouldn’t mind this move. 

Don’t see the point of Janoris hes 32 and were not exactly ring chasing next year. For cheap id like the move but the timeline doesn’t really work here. 

Kyle Rudolph I’d like a lot, he’s on the older side at 31 but his game has never really relied on athleticism. Would be a average #1 TE for a couple more years, plus since he was released we don’t lose any sort of comp pick through signing him. He also would be a nice calming safety blanket for whatever young qb we end up giving the reins to in a year or two. 

Keanu Neal makes sense from an age standpoint but his injuries are concerning, and I doubt he’s taking any sort of short term deal. Also, he would most likely be deph considering we’re playing Chinn at safety more this year and with Neal being a textbook SS, playing Chinn at FS would be an utter waste of his talents.

• Pie 5

4 hours ago, not.Jeff.Reed said:

Who should we target in free agency this offseason? What do y'all think about players like

Keanu Neal

Jesse James

Janoris Jenkins

Kyle Rudolph

Pied to counteract the nonsense poo some ass bucket gave ya

Edited by jayflip
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Kevin Zeitler, Trai Turner, Andrew Norwell, Riley Reiff, John Brown, Jurrell Casey, Lamarcus Joyner (at FS not NCB), Malcolm Butler, AJ Bouye, Carlos Dunlap, Gerald Everett.

Basically players who have been cut (with the exception of Everett) who won’t cost us comp picks and probably won’t warrant big contracts. I’m sure I’m still leaving a few out.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, KDawg004 said:

Kevin Zeitler, Trai Turner, Andrew Norwell, Riley Reiff, John Brown, Jurrell Casey, Lamarcus Joyner (at FS not NCB), Malcolm Butler, AJ Bouye, Carlos Dunlap, Gerald Everett.

Basically players who have been cut (with the exception of Everett) who won’t cost us comp picks and probably won’t warrant big contracts. I’m sure I’m still leaving a few out.

The only high paying player we will lose in free agency is Curtis Samuel so there is no reason to limit yourself to cut players only. It made sense last year when we had several high priced free agents sign. Not so much this when there are holes to fill and less players leaving. 

• Pie 2