• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Injury News

Harbingers

Figured with how things have been going this year a dedicated thread is in order.

Looks like if I had to guess Trocheck, Gardiner, TT & Mrazek won't be traveling with the team for our two game stint up in Detroit. TT may travel as they have him skating but I doubt he'll play anytime soon.

Still no word on what happened to Trocheck from what I can tell and no rush on Mrazek with Ned and Reimer holding down the fort. Though I would like to see him get a game soon to get his feel back up if he is medically cleared(Which I feel he is, I think we are just being extra cautious).

• Beer 1

Saw something like this coming. Not sure how it works with his limited no trade contract. Kinda worried he's not going to pass waivers for us though. Would have been better to trade him in that case. In the trade case he can pick 7 teams he doesn't want to go to under the M-NTC. Maybe we did try to shop him and no team on his accepted list wanted him?

Of course people are conspiracy hat claiming this is a way to get Eric Staal. I just don't see it. We simply don't have the opening for another center except maybe fourth line but I'd honestly rather have the young bloods getting experience there. I mean we already have 3 C's manning our entire 4th line currently.

Also;

Figured.

Also there are fans asking about Staal and Paquette who both didn't finish the game on Thursday. They both practiced fully today. So not sure if that's something to read into or not. Staal has definitely taken a beat recently, that's for sure.

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

While the injuries are far and away the most important consideration because the health and safety of the players is always paramount, these specific injuries bring to the forefront other factors that may come into play.

Vinny: means RBA will continue to shuffle the lines, although Thursday night's lineup card seemed to work out pretty well.

TT: the possibility of long term concussion symptoms and the fact he's under contract at $5.4M for the next few years.

Gardiner: waived today- hoping he'll get through waivers and Carolina can taxi squad him. But he now has an injury history that goes back several seasons and this Canes have him in a $4M a year deal for the next few years also.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

TT: the possibility of long term concussion symptoms and the fact he's under contract at $5.4M for the next few years.

Ya I don't see TT coming back for a month at least. The fact he was cleared and then experienced symptoms again is not a good sign.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Saw something like this coming. Not sure how it works with his limited no trade contract. Kinda worried he's not going to pass waivers for us though. Would have been better to trade him in that case. In the trade case he can pick 7 teams he doesn't want to go to under the M-NTC. Maybe we did try to shop him and no team on his accepted list wanted him?

Of course people are conspiracy hat claiming this is a way to get Eric Staal. I just don't see it. We simply don't have the opening for another center except maybe fourth line but I'd honestly rather have the young bloods getting experience there. I mean we already have 3 C's manning our entire 4th line currently

I started another thread about his being waived. He's missed significant time the last 3 seasons with injuries- all of them are back-related. He's got a $4M contract for the next couple years, but do you think the Canes can afford to part ways with both him and free agent to-be Dougie Hamilton?

And, although it's 2 games in Detroit, the Canes are going to play with 5 D's or are they going to bring up Joakim Ryan while searching for another D somewhere?

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I started another thread about his being waived. He's missed significant time the last 3 seasons with injuries- all of them are back-related. He's got a $4M contract for the next couple years, but do you think the Canes can afford to part ways with both him and free agent to-be Dougie Hamilton?

And, although it's 2 games in Detroit, the Canes are going to play with 5 D's or are they going to bring up Joakim Ryan while searching for another D somewhere?

We’ll have 6 on D unless there is an injury I missed but I wouldn’t be surprised if we call up Ryan to travel with us in case for these two days though. 

The more I think about it the more I think Gardiner is going to be the cap casualty after this year in any scenario involving Dougie. Though I do personally really like Gardiners play when he’s on the ice. He’s one of our better blue line guards while we are in the offensive zone. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Of course people are conspiracy hat claiming this is a way to get Eric Staal. I just don't see it. We simply don't have the opening for another center except maybe fourth line but I'd honestly rather have the young bloods getting experience there. I mean we already have 3 C's manning our entire 4th line currently.

Also;

Figured.

Also there are fans asking about Staal and Paquette who both didn't finish the game on Thursday. They both practiced fully today. So not sure if that's something to read into or not. Staal has definitely taken a beat recently, that's for sure.

I'm not sure anyones going to pick up an injured Garnier at his salary he's the most overpaid guy on the team.