• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General NFL Free Agency Thread

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much all of the initial news is teams re-signing their own players, including apparently Tampa and Shaq Barrett.

Speaking of Shaq's...

...it wasn't through free-agency but Texans traded for Shaq Lawson who played at Clemson with Deshaun Watson.

Lawson promptly reached out to Watson through social media and posted a photo in instagram which was captioned with:

"Getting the band back together."

Gonna get interesting!

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Shaq-Lawson-Deshaun-Watson-Clemson-teammate-16026594.php

shaq 2.png

shaq 1.png

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Speaking of Shaq's...

...it wasn't through free-agency but Texans traded for Shaq Lawson who played at Clemson with Deshaun Watson.

Lawson promptly reached out to Watson through social media and posted a photo in instagram which was captioned with:

Gonna get interesting!

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-Shaq-Lawson-Deshaun-Watson-Clemson-teammate-16026594.php

shaq 2.png

shaq 1.png

Texans are going to go all out to keep Watson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I think the Texans are going after players they think can help the team and also keep Watson in the fold.  It may just be me, but it seemed Watson relationship started to sour with Texans when his college and Texans teammate Deandre Hopkins was traded.  The Texans may feel if they can add 2 or 3 ex-Tigers to the team, maybe Watson may tone down the rhetoric and opt to play for them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Ehh, that Jonnu Smith deal makes it look a lot less likely we can sign Henry to a cap-friendly deal.  

Happy for Cam though.

I always thought that we should try and sign Gerald Everett a little cheaper, and rely on the draft.

• Pie 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

Everett will see that ridiculous contract Smith got and think he can get the same. Just trade for Njoku

I'll take Njoku! I'd think that Everett's money would be a helluva lot closer to Njoku's than Smith's though. It'll be interesting to see.

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Everett will see that ridiculous contract Smith got and think he can get the same. Just trade for Njoku

Nah, we only overpay for average O-linmen FAs.  As for TE?  We will wait until there's nothing left and have to re-sign Manhertz if he's still around.  Remember, we signed that Seahawks castoff. Superb Owl!

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Speaking of Shaq's...

Gonna get interesting!

shaq 2.png

shaq 1.png

He is gone, forget it!

8 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

He is gone, forget it!

Shaq Lawson will not keep Watson in Houston, not even a thought. That trade was all about fit for both teams. McKinney fits better in Miamis scheme, whil Lawson will help transform Houston from a 34 scheme to a 43 scheme under Lovie Smith. McKinney agent is actually the guy who pursued and found the trade partner as McKinney was about to be cut as a non-fit in the Lovie scheme

• Beer 1