• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General NFL Free Agency Thread

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Rumors going that the 49ers are looking into a poss. Gardner Minshew trade. They've been linked to damn near every QB that could be "on the move" so this rumor literally holds no weight to me. 

I only bring it up because if we were to trade for a QB and use the draft solely for building the rest of the team... (taking OT or CB at 8th and so forth) Minshew is the only option I like as someone that could actually be our QB rather than a placeholder. 

Just my opinion and a topic to speak on

Yes! Also Jacksonville has signed CJ Beathard as a backup QB. Go get Minshew for a future pick of possible.

Use the draft to build other areas. If possible trade back from 8 and get another 2nd rounder

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Yes! Also Jacksonville has signed CJ Beathard as a backup QB. Go get Minshew for a future pick of possible.

Use the draft to build other areas. If possible trade back from 8 and get another 2nd rounder

Hahahah so just a question. You want Gardner Minshew as your future QB? And where do you think that is taking you.... sorry but this kind of stuff actually makes me lol

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

Hahahah so just a question. You want Gardner Minshew as your future QB? And where do you think that is taking you.... sorry but this kind of stuff actually makes me lol

Better than running Teddy back out there. Not to mention, I would still be looking for an upgrade in the draft if one of the 4 fell or via trade, in which Minshew would be a valid backup compared to our current situation.

Also, it should be noted that I am a big fan of Spencer Rattler in next years draft.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Better than running Teddy back out there. Not to mention, I would still be looking for an upgrade in the draft if one of the 4 fell or via trade, in which Minshew would be a valid backup compared to our current situation.

Also, it should be noted that I am a big fan of Spencer Rattler in next years draft.

I can understand if upgrading in the draft is still part of the plan, but I think we need as many picks as we can get and Teddy/Minshew would be a wash for one year. What sucks is its looking like 49ers want him. Was praying they would take Teddy.