• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

Reddit is acting like we've signed a death warrant but for the price this is a prettt safe signing ar a position of need. Even if he shits the bed it won't hurr to move kn from him like Pardis or Kalil.

Low risk low reward.

• Pie 3

I am not extremely happy with this---I wanted our own G Miller or Austin Blythe (Rams).  I can say that we keep getting former Viking OL and they are known for sucking there.  Maybe he is better at C than G-I dunno.  I am happy that we are addressing the OL.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah I was doing some reading said Vikings cut him mid season. People were saying he was getting ran over by dts. Might not be a good start for Fitterer.

It's not. Signing a reject G on day one of FA is a bonehead move. It's honestly a glorified Tyler Larsen replacement.

It's about his style of play. He's not a road grader. He's better in space than he is in a scrum. But he might be the ideal type of OL to get out in front of a CMC screen. I expect our offense to get even more spread out and away from power running concepts with CMC back next year. This signing points toward that IMO.

• Pie 3