• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

So I, and everyone who thinks anything the team does is wrong, should never say it? Did you complaining for years about Hurney help get him fired?  Didn’t stop you from complaining about the incompetence. 

I didn't say you couldn't say anything. I'm just advising you not to let it get to you for your health.  I lived through the Hurney years simply because I stopped letting it get to me.  There's not a damn thing any of us can do about who they sign , cut, trade for or draft.  

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I understand I'm not crying about backup guards and you are lol

No your crying about people bringing up legitimate concerns. And your defense is Tepper is Rich which couldn’t mean less in this, or any discussion involving paying players. You’re upset your team is ignorant and people are pointing it out. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I didn't say you couldn't say anything. I'm just advising you not to let it get to you for your health.  I lived through the Hurney years simply because I stopped letting it get to me.  There's not a damn thing any of us can do about who they sign , cut, trade for or draft.  

Why would I care. Y’all can win or lose and it won’t matter to me. I’m here for the train wreck. It’s fun to watch total incompetence so readily accepted by a fan base. 

Stick with the facts and reality and let it ride. Isn't our money and obviously not our choice. But the facts and reality are that Seattle has had a dogshit offensive line for some time now and even their quarterback wants out. It's still super early so the staff will largely receive the benefit of the doubt but you can't bury your head in the sand either just stay grounded and see how it goes this isn't that difficult we're just fans.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Pre injury, both showed potential. They are still really young and have experience starting. They can play all along the line. I just don’t understand the outrage

There’s no outrage from me it’s just we always sign the same type of mediocre talent . Fans have a right to be upset at the team when they continually do the same poo year in and year out without consistent success . But if you are okay with mediocrity then that’s fine too but don’t be upset when others want more than the status quo . 

Just now, Toomers said:

Why would I care. Y’all can win or lose and it won’t matter to me. I’m here for the train wreck. It’s fun to watch total incompetence so readily accepted by a fan base. 

Well the train hasn't derailed yet.  I agree that on the surface these signings are strange if you are expecting them to be anything other than depth.  But both can be cut after one season with not much cap hit.  It's a minor annoyance for now but I'm not ready to get my pitchfork out.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well the train hasn't derailed yet.  I agree that on the surface these signings are strange if you are expecting them to be anything other than depth.  But both can be cut after one season with not much cap hit.  It's a minor annoyance for now but I'm not ready to get my pitchfork out.

The huddle.... massive anxiety ridden panic over things they are neither qualified to judge and have zero say in...... Prescription 5mg Xanax.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Cameron Irving was a Center who can play OG and OT. He's a nice fir theoretically in a zone blocking scheme

which is what we use.

Strengths:

• Superb athletic skill set for a center
  • Quick interior lineman
  • Strong; can move blockers at the point of attack
  • Can single-block defensive tackles in pass protection
  • Very fast to the second level
  • Agile
  • Plays with excellent technique
  • Pad level
  • Good balance
  • Snaps the ball with good velocity