• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

I honestly think the current coaching staff, who I consider better strategists than Rivera's, has handled Samuel worse. You have Christian McCaffery, a QB you don't want throwing more than 20 yards downfield, and you can't figure out how to use the only 1000/1000 player in Ohio State's history? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

??? Samuel had over 1,000 YFS last year despite 3 other players on the team also having 1,000 YFS.  Something that has rarely happened in the history of the NFL (4 players on same team having over 1000 YFS).  How can you suggest he wasn't used well last year?

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

2021 season has the potential to be really rough. 
Teams now have tape on the defense and Teddy, if he is still here. 
We may have another top 10 pick. 

There is no maybe we will probably be top 5 unless we decide to go with we need a win in our last game to create more winning culture. Then we fall to 11th because it made the team feel better, yay!

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

There is no maybe we will probably be top 5 unless we decide to go with we need a win in our last game to create more winning culture. Then we fall to 11th because it made the team feel better, yay!

It feels like we are now doing what we should of done last year. Panthers are terrible at rebuilding, or Marty thought if we got to the playoffs he would still be here. Either way Bridgewater's contract is holding this team back almost as much as he holds back the team in the field. 
We would have, what, 60+ million if we had of went with Allen or Grier and probably a top 3 pick. 
It is hard to be a Panthers fan. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mage said:

??? Samuel had over 1,000 YFS last year despite 3 other players on the team also having 1,000 YFS.  Something that has rarely happened in the history of the NFL (4 players on same team having over 1000 YFS).  How can you suggest he wasn't used well last year?

Took an act of God. Before CMC went down Samuel's RB abilities were an afterthought. An end-around play in the backfield every once in a blue to be cute. 

I just think it's super disappointing and kind of strange that we have this Madden playing college hotshot OC who can't figure out how to scheme two gadget players together. Christian and Curtis could be a RB/WR tandem like the league's never seen if they put some thought into it.