• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Signings Thread

Ricky Spanish

15 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

CMC getting to swole?

He will be playing MLB as well during games, except for the 3rd quarter where he will only be a RB/WR/HB/TE/KR. That is if he doesn't have to be third string QB as well.

After the game he will be driving team bus #2 and/or flying the chartered team plane. After autopilot is engaged he will serve drinks and sing to entertain his teammates.

The dude does it all.

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

MHS Predicts: 

So here is how this baby is going down: MARK MY WORDS!

1. Lawrence QB Jags

2. Wilson, QB Jets

3. Jones, QB, 49ers

4. Pitts, TE, Falcons (don't call me crazy--he would keep Ryan young for another year or two)

5. Panthers, Fields, QB (trade)

6. Broncos, Lance, QB (trade)

7.  Lions Chase, WR

8.  Bengals Sewell, OT

9. WFT, Parsons, LB (trade)

God I hope not.

Any chance we sign Alex Smith as a contingent and mentor for a young QB we might select early or even in later rounds?  No doubt “Keep Pounding” would mean a lot to the man.  He looked decent last year and would have more tools here than he did in Washington.

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

nah 

Smith was a inspiring story.  Always liked him and thought he got a raw deal in San Fran but... How does he fit into the plan?  Teddy is under contract and despite all the hate fits as a backup and mentor to a rookie QB.

1 hour ago, Jared Patterson said:

I guess we would've signed him by now if we really wanted him.

I 99.9% sure Friterer called to check in. Reed was also known as a great locker-room guy and teammate. It was said Reed wanted a long term contract, dont know if can be fit into in panthers plan. Reed may can not get a long term deal either, check himself and take a one year deal. I think panthers have a decent chance, like 35% to sign Reed. 

52 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I 99.9% sure Friterer called to check in. Reed was also known as a great locker-room guy and teammate. It was said Reed wanted a long term contract, dont know if can be fit into in panthers plan. Reed may can not get a long term deal either, check himself and take a one year deal. I think panthers have a decent chance, like 35% to sign Reed. 

Have you seen anything saying we are interested or have made contact with his camp? Or are you just assuming because the GM connection?