• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who had a better rookie season - Cam in 2011 or LaMelo this year?

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The Canes will have multiple before anyone else gets one, I mean it's not like they have the best record in the NHL right now or anything.

I don't think people realize just how good they are, and how good they are set up to be for a long time. Andrei Svechnikov is a future top 5 star in the league and Hart trophy contender. Rod Brindamour has consistently coached up guys who were looked at as cast offs from other teams. We've been on absolute fire drafting and developing prospects. The owner is committed to both winning and staying out of the way. I haven't felt like this about a team in the Carolinas probably ever, and that includes the 15' Panthers.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't think people realize just how good they are, and how good they are set up to be for a long time. Andrei Svechnikov is a future top 5 star in the league and Hart trophy contender. Rod Brindamour has consistently coached up guys who were looked at as cast offs from other teams. We've been on absolute fire drafting and developing prospects. The owner is committed to both winning and staying out of the way. I haven't felt like this about a team in the Carolinas probably ever, and that includes the 15' Panthers.

Hockey will never have the following of the NFL or NBA but when the new TV deal takes effect next season and they are on ESPN instead of an obscure fox channel the market exposure will go up.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Your always late to the party.. do you actually read threads? That was mentioned twice already.

**You're**

And yes I do.  Excuse me Oh, Exalted One.  I will not make anymore mistakes.  Please take pity on me.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, joemac said:

That gif is like 10 years old....

funny pictures

there are like two billion examples.  Didn't think it really mattered that I examined the year of the gif I used.    Don't see why it matters.   But here is Laker LeBron.   He basically is Leonardo Dicaprio.  10 years ago, 1 year ago.  Tomorrow.   Point remains the same.  It's soccer flopping.   

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Hockey will never have the following of the NFL or NBA but when the new TV deal takes effect next season and they are on ESPN instead of an obscure fox channel the market exposure will go up.

I know its harder to get in to. Most people enjoy basketball and football partially because its something they grew up being able to do in their backyard with their friends. That's not something that most people can do with hockey. If anyone even remotely is interested in it though I'd recommend giving it a chance. Over the last few years it has become one my 2nd favorite sport to follow behind football.

It has the speed, athletics, and violence of football mixed with the history, deep rosters, and prospect system of baseball and the nonstop action of basketball. It is basically the perfect sport to follow as a fan.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

funny pictures

there are like two billion examples.  Didn't think it really mattered that I examined the year of the gif I used.    Don't see why it matters.   But here is Laker LeBron.   He basically is Leonardo Dicaprio.  10 years ago, 1 year ago.  Tomorrow.   Point remains the same.  It's soccer flopping.   

Is flopping a penalty in the NBA?

14 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I know its harder to get in to. Most people enjoy basketball and football partially because its something they grew up being able to do in their backyard with their friends. That's not something that most people can do with hockey. If anyone even remotely is interested in it though I'd recommend giving it a chance. Over the last few years it has become one my 2nd favorite sport to follow behind football.

It has the speed, athletics, and violence of football mixed with the history, deep rosters, and prospect system of baseball and the nonstop action of basketball. It is basically the perfect sport to follow as a fan.

The NBA NHL and MLB are harder to follow because of the sheer number of games played... 

But the NHLs TV deal made it hard to find the game even if you know what your looking for lol.

But yes I agree completely this is exactly why I got into it... and even with similar player safety rules you can still fight, flopping is not only a penalty but its also somthing that will get you pounded into the ice for the rest of the game.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Is flopping a penalty in the NBA?

technically yes but not realy. 

NBA warns LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma for flopping vs. Memphis - Sports Illustrated LA Lakers News, Analysis and More

in this one Leonardo James flops.  Foul called on the opponent.  Lebron gets shots.  Makes them.  

After the game Lebron gets a "warning"  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, CRA said:

technically yes but not realy. 

NBA warns LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma for flopping vs. Memphis - Sports Illustrated LA Lakers News, Analysis and More

in this one Leonardo James flops.  Foul called on the opponent.  Lebron gets shots.  Makes them.  

After the game Lebron gets a "warning"  

That's dumb and why I can't follow the NBA these days. They should use a penalty box method or flat out ejections.

• Flames 1

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

funny pictures

And people try and claim Lebron is better than MJ. 

L O L.

• Flames 1

Can't really compare the two straight up too many different moving parts between the different sports. But as far as bringing energy to the city? They are neck and neck and I would have to give the nod to Ball if he can keep elevating the roster around him just considering how desperate the Carolinas are for any legitimate contender after how the story ended with #1. Be grateful we stumbled into another talent of that caliber so quickly. Doesn't happen often that way for most small markets.