• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who had a better rookie season - Cam in 2011 or LaMelo this year?

It’s eerie how similar Cam and Lamelo’s rookie seasons are in some ways. I remember in 2011 Bill Simmons mentioned how Cam had made the Panthers required viewing each week because he could make a big play at any given moment. Now the entire NBA world has raved about how the Hornets are the most exciting team to watch because of Lamelo. 

So two young stars lifting their franchises out of irrelevancy from day one. 

I would say Cam’s rookie year was better because he set all kinds of records for a rookie, especially at a time when it wasn’t as common for a rookie QB to start right away. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

You don't follow it much do you? The lightning would be a 50/50 matchup, the Islanders? not so much.... The Canes have owned them recently last time they bounced there asses in 4.

yes i am aware of what happened two years ago. however their defense is insane rn, i think islanders are the 50-50 shot, lightning is 60-40.

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

yes i am aware of what happened two years ago. however their defense is insane rn, i think islanders are the 50-50 shot, lightning is 60-40.

Their defense was statisticaly better two seasons ago, The lighting are looking very mortal right now something is up with Vaseleskiy (the best goalie in the NHL) it should also be noted baring a collapse of epic proportion the earliest we would play the lighting is round 3.

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

2006 canes are gonna be the only time im gonna see a NC pro team win a title

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking. 

Panthers have never been the best run team in the league, and they've played for a title twice.

Hornets are screwed, though. NBA is not set up for places like Charlotte & Memphis.

Just now, djp14 said:

Yeah, I don't get this line of thinking. 

Panthers have never been the best run team in the league, and they've played for a title twice.

Hornets are screwed, though. NBA is not set up for places like Charlotte & Memphis.

Also, Checkers won a championship 2-3 years ago.

48 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's called grit.

Yeah I called it shitty basketball stopping athleticism and letting goons stop free flowing offense... I also think it was a crutch to moving your feet and playing good defense...

2 hours ago, emhoward said:

Ohh this is tough. Good question OP. I think I would go with Melo. Not sure Melo has the best player in the league/MVP upside Cam had, but perhaps he does. 

I ABSOLUTELY think Melo has top 5 NBA player potential.  Hes having a better statistical overall rookie season than LeBron James.  And Melo is only 19 and is only going to get better, faster, stronger. We really hit this one out of the park, and the Warriors have got to be kicking themselves that they passed him up.  I wont say the Timberwolves feel this way, because the guy they got is a walking highlight reel himself.

Moral of the story - Melo is the fuging truth and he is going to lead us to the promised land.