• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears sign Dalton, Texans sign Tyrod

RumHam

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think you're reaching...just a bit.

LOL! I think you're a yoga master at this point with the reaching you've done this off-season convincing yourself that he won't be traded.

There may not be any fire yet but it's so smoky you can't your hand in front of your face.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

LOL! I think you're a yoga master at this point with the reaching you've done this off-season convincing yourself that he won't be traded.

There may not be any fire yet but it's so smoky you can't your hand in front of your face.

I'm not convinced that he won't be traded. I just doubt it.

I also doubt that if he is traded it's to us, though I grant that's possible too.

But come on, dude. Paying a backup quarterback in the high five millions is not exactly a sign from God.

I'm gonna guess you're not being serious here.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not convinced that he won't be traded. I just doubt it.

I also doubt that if he is traded it's to us, though I grant that's possible too.

But come on, dude. Paying a backup quarterback in the high five millions is not exactly a sign from God.

I'm gonna guess you're not being serious here.

Let's say his base contract is $5M. That would've made him the 4th highest paid backup QB last season. That is big money for a backup. Teams with young entrenched MVP caliber QBs with a bunch of other roster holes don't spend big money on backup QBs. He's gone, man.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Julio said:

So why would he sign an incentive driven contract if he’s not expected to play?

And this. These agents are connected. His agent didn't push for him to sign an incentive laden contract if he didn't expect a decent chance to check some of them off. They know he has a good chance to start some games this year in Houston.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let's say his base contract is $5M. That would've made him the 4th highest paid backup QB last season. That is big money for a backup. Teams with young entrenched MVP caliber QBs with a bunch of other roster holes don't spend big money on backup QBs. He's gone, man.

See above.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Texans sit on Watson through a holdout they're even dumber than I thought and I already thought they were the dumbest franchise in the league.

This is one big difference with me and some others.

I see people actually saying to themselves "Cal McNair can't possibly be that stupid."

To which my response is 😳

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

You do realize them using this much cap space on a QB will piss off Watson even more and make it more likely that he’ll cement himself further in his stance of never playing for the team again? If the Texans were convinced they could wait Watson out or still try to make amends with him they would not do this deal, they’d look to improve the roster around him. He’s as good as gone, just a matter of time and how ugly it gets.