• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interested in Falcons Keanu Neal

TheSpecialJuan

Well, if the strategy is to get the number one pick next year without purposefully tanking this would be the way to do it.  By signing all these injury prone players it's pretty much guaranteed that most if not all of them will be on IR by week 4 so there's that.

• Flames 2

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Ewing is going to be the OL's "sixth man" and they like Elfein as the LG.  Aside from that, I think we are about to offer contracts to a goalie and shortstop next week.

If the shortstop can switch hit both left and right, the Panthers value that kind of positional flexibility...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea what we're doing in free agency. We need to sweep the building. It feels like Hurney is still there somewhere and calling the shots.

I feel no different too. I hope he start getting some value buys on legit players and not on suspect injury-prone players. I thought Rhule wanted players that played hurt, nearly every player linked has a long history of injuries. I get buying low, just give me some hope Fritterere! I want to meme on your smart GM moves and your ruining that for me!!!1!!!

31 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well, if the strategy is to get the number one pick next year without purposefully tanking this would be the way to do it.  By signing all these injury prone players it's pretty much guaranteed that most if not all of them will be on IR by week 4 so there's that.

Another Herniay special " Well we had a lot of injuries ".... I bet that was his goto for getting another shot. BS excuse, it NFL football all team get injuries every year!

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Another Herniay special " Well we had a lot of injuries ".... I bet that was his goto for getting another shot. BS excuse, it NFL football all team get injuries every year!

It worked under JR.  Not under Tepper.   This time everyone is in on it.

• Beer 1

Why do we always fall for guys that have the injury bug? We sign these scrubs in the offseason, they play a handful of games, go on IR and we never hear from them again.

Can we please stop signing players that have spent more time on the sidelines than on the field? Just go with UDFA if we have to over these guys with bad injury history.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yea no poo. I signed a bunch of guys who have had recent injury history. Now they are all injured again and I never saw it coming, give me another chance.

paid pay day GIF

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly have no idea what we're doing in free agency. We need to sweep the building. It feels like Hurney is still there somewhere and calling the shots.

I don't like the fact that we're targeting these injury prone types.   But in the same vein, I mean, you got to work with who's interested.

I mean Matt Feiler LT/LG could've been absolutely ideal.  He got a 3 year 21 mil deal from LAC.  Was the Steelers LT, totally capable at LG.

Fudge, Rick Wagner OT/G, LeRaven Clark OT/OG, are still sitting around unsigned.  There's a crap ton of guards on the open market so I just find it interesting we targeted the two we did.  Interested to hear what the team says enticed them so much about those two in particular (outside of being swing linemen, because there's plenty out there)

Elsewhere, sucks we couldn't land Michael Davis at CB.  He looked promising. 

So sounds like we're targeting some decent types.   Maybe we're not as apperaling to play for as we thought being void of a QB.

On the flipside, there's not many LBs signed at all yet and plenty of DBs left on the market.  We'll see if we snag any that aren't made of glass haha. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

If the shortstop can switch hit both left and right, the Panthers value that kind of positional flexibility...

But check out how many are still on the open market: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/

I want to hear more than just "flexibility" in respect to why we targeted these two in particular.  It seems very targeted when there's so much availability, and many starters at that.

• Flames 1