• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King and Florio Taylor trade impact on Watson and Panthers

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on Caserio.

Remember, Garoppolo was very well thought of in New England before he was traded. There was even talk of keeping him over Brady.

How does he feel now? Unknown.

I don't think he'd mind having him, but when the other options get you draft picks to go after one of the QB's in the draft this year, why would you take back Garoppolo?

If that team was a game manager QB away from being a contender, maybe, but if that were the case, Watson might put up with their idiot ownership and try to win a SB himself.

Edited by tukafan21

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I don't think he'd mind having him, but when the other options get you draft picks to go after one of the QB's in the draft this year, why would you take back Garoppolo?

If that team was a game manager QB away from being a contender, maybe, but if that were the case, Watson might put up with their idiot ownership and try to win a SB himself.

Pretty sure Plan A is to build the team in such a way that Watson looks at them a little differently.

Will it work? Unknown, but they're definitely putting in a lot of effort.

If they accomplish that, then all they have to do is figure out a way to make him stop hating the owner.

(good luck)

Jimmy G also has a no trade clause. I don’t see him willingly going to Texans ..  regardless Broncos are biggest competition.. they would offer 3 1st chubb and lock ... pretty good offer .. I’m guessing the deal with the panthers will be if there is a qb available at 8 ... who knows but we will see in the coming months .. 

1 hour ago, Leotiger said:

Jimmy G also has a no trade clause. I don’t see him willingly going to Texans ..  regardless Broncos are biggest competition.. they would offer 3 1st chubb and lock ... pretty good offer .. I’m guessing the deal with the panthers will be if there is a qb available at 8 ... who knows but we will see in the coming months .. 

Broncos could never outbid tepper

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

One, they can offer Garoppolo in return (not equal to Watson but significantly better than Bridgewater).

I think that's a stretch. Garropolo isn't even ranked higher than TB on some boards, but he's certainly not "significantly better than Bridgewater" by most accounts. He's damaged goods that was once propped up by the aura of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady in some respect.

55 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I think that's a stretch. Garropolo isn't even ranked higher than TB on some boards, but he's certainly not "significantly better than Bridgewater" by most accounts. He's damaged goods that was once propped up by the aura of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady in some respect.

He was pretty well valued in New England. In fact, it's been reported that the Patriots have reached out to the 49ers about trading him back.

Not exactly a stretch to think Caserio might have similar feelings.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He was pretty well valued in New England. In fact, it's been reported that the Patriots have reached out to the 49ers about trading him back.

Not exactly a stretch to think Caserio might have similar feelings.

That's true, but I was referring to the overall thought that Garropolo is "significantly" better than TB. I don't know that that idea has any wings outside the Huddle bubble other than maybe with Caserio or possibly New England (and I don't even know if they really believe it).

I hate a bid war for Watson. I feel like we are better off keeping our picks and if we have to trade up for Trey Lance and riding Teddy for half a year. We would be out of great picks for years and would have to look to FA for years and right back in a cap hole because we gave up too much. If Watson gets injured we be right back to square one.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Broncos could never outbid tepper

That would be a very big bid to beat Broncos ....... only thang we got going is that we are in the NFC and his home town is close . But I do agree Tepper would be a great owner to play for .. 

4 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I hate a bid war for Watson. I feel like we are better off keeping our picks and if we have to trade up for Trey Lance and riding Teddy for half a year. We would be out of great picks for years and would have to look to FA for years and right back in a cap hole because we gave up too much. If Watson gets injured we be right back to square one.

Anyone that steps onto the football field can get injured. Lance could get injured, too, and you're still out the trade up assets and have no QB to show for it. Bengals dealt with that (but without the trade up part).

Lance could be great, or he could bust. Any of the rooks could. In a trade up, you're spending your assets to find out. Watson is known to be a top 10 QB in the league. You're spending your assets on a known quantity.

Now, if you want to sit at 8 and hope Lance falls, that's a viable strategy, but one that has its own built in risks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 3:03 PM, trueblade said:

Anyone that steps onto the football field can get injured. Lance could get injured, too, and you're still out the trade up assets and have no QB to show for it. Bengals dealt with that (but without the trade up part).

Lance could be great, or he could bust. Any of the rooks could. In a trade up, you're spending your assets to find out. Watson is known to be a top 10 QB in the league. You're spending your assets on a known quantity.

Now, if you want to sit at 8 and hope Lance falls, that's a viable strategy, but one that has its own built in risks.

True but how much you have to give up to get a QB like Watson. Youll likely have to give up future and some quality. With Lance youll give up maybe less and still have your key players intact. I would rather keep CMC and Burns and lose a extra 2nd and 3rd next year than to give up Burns or CMC and 3 1st rds. Thats leaving you having to build throw FA and potentially getting wrecked in cap again because you cant get a 1st rd pick on a rookie deal for 4 years. Those savings makes a difference.