• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson wants certain AFC teams or SF

ncfan

Lombardi's basic point is sound, football is still a team sport.

Deshaun wasn't good enough to win in Texas due to the lack of talent around him. 

Well, Carolina might as well be the Texans when it comes to talent level. 

Giving away a boat load of high draft picks and promising players to win the Watson sweepstakes will only undermine the Panther's ability to secure needed talent at numerous positions for years to come.

Under those circumstances, how long will it take before Watson threatens to hold out yet again?  

• Pie 1

I think the more interesting part of this is NYJ & MIA being off the list.  I mean, we're not discounted in this scenario. 

So that actually opens up both spots for a trade up (as much many may not want it).  That #2 could be mad interesting.  It won't be as steep as Watson, maybe it just takes picks which honestly, I don't think is the end of the world. I dunno, just spitballing.

Deshaun Watson coming would be insanely awesome, but yup, not really thinking it happens so I'll be ecstatic if it somehow does.

2: Zach Wilson, some OLs, & skill-position players could be dope

3-8: Fields (or) Trey Lance, some OLs, & skill-position players could be dope as well

I don't think we really are trying to do anything else.  Unless we can't get that to work bc of the other teams, then yeah, we may be fudged but I think Fields may be there at 8.

• Beer 1

I never liked the cost anyone was talking about. We will see what happens up to the draft. This is going to be endlessly dramatic until then. The click making moronic situation from the bozos in Houston will go on unfortunately. At this point I would be happy to just have it take a QB needy team off the board for us. 

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Lombardi's basic point is sound, football is still a team sport.

Deshaun wasn't good enough to win in Texas due to the lack of talent around him. 

Well, Carolina might as well be the Texans when it comes to talent level. 

Giving away a boat load of high draft picks and promising players to win the Watson sweepstakes will only undermine the Panther's ability to secure needed talent at numerous positions for years to come.

Under those circumstances, how long will it take before Watson threatens to hold out yet again?  

I agree for the most part, but there is one difference.

Watson's holdout isn't strictly because the team is lousy. It's also because he feels like ownership betrayed him. That part wouldn't apply here.

Now, his likely just going from one lousy team to another? Yeah that's a real possibly. Contrary to popular belief, just adding Watson does not make us a contender.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I agree for the most part, but there is one difference.

Watson's holdout isn't strictly because the team is lousy. It's also because he feels like ownership betrayed him. That part wouldn't apply here.

Now, his likely just going from one lousy team to another? Yeah that's a real possibly. Contrary to popular belief, just adding Watson does not make us a contender.

If Watson's end game is to have input on selection of team management it might apply here as well.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If Watson's end game is to have input on selection of team management it might apply here as well.

I'm not sure if he wants that.

From what I understand, he didn't actually ask for it. McNair offered it, but then didn't follow through.

I know Russell Wilson wants a say in the Seahawks roster, something which I think Will Brinson addressed pretty well.

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

So if Watson doesn't require a say in management issues, this Mexican Standoff boils down to "the owner lied to me"?

No. It’s much deeper than that. They are the worst run franchise in the league. Why would anyone want to waste their career there. Also we have way more talent on this roster than Houston.