• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: The Panthers are "locked on Watson"

MVPccaffrey

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Tepper needs to stay out of this.

We can't overpay for Watson.

Not saying im in alignment with this deal, but is it safe to say its an overpay? We really wouldnt know until 3-5 years from now. If Watson comes here and continues on his track record, and we send then burns and brown in return, but burns struggles with injuries and turns out last year Brown's talent was actually his ceiling.... did we over pay?

Then the inverse is Watson comes and gets hurt and they go to be pro bowlers. It's just tough to say what is overpaying in this situation, especially since this is the first time this has ever happened in the league.

3 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Tepper will give them whatever they want eventually, maybe after talking them down a pick and a player, but we will do it, a lot of fans will whine about it, but they'll pretend they were FOR it the whole time as we're winning the division year after year

He doesn't need too.. Texans do not want him anyway by the looks of it. Give them our 1st this year, our first next year, throw in some other tier drafts.. and maybe Samuel. 

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Not saying im in alignment with this deal, but is it safe to say its an overpay? We really wouldnt know until 3-5 years from now. If Watson comes here and continues on his track record, and we send then burns and brown in return, but burns struggles with injuries and turns out last year Brown's talent was actually his ceiling.... did we over pay?

Then the inverse is Watson comes and gets hurt and they go to be pro bowlers. It's just tough to say what is overpaying in this situation, especially since this is the first time this has ever happened in the league.

25 year old standout franchise QB - assume you have them for 10+ more years.

24 year old standout defensive player still on rookie contract - assume you have them 2-3 more years and then let them walk to the highest bidder and draft their more athletic replacement.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

If we give up too many picks we won't have anyone to play with him.

If we are giving him 40 mil a year we won't have enough money to have anyone to play with him. 

I'm seeing getting Watson as crossing a Volcano on a tightrope. 

Is he a dominant machine yell fng yes. Would I love to have him hell fng yes.

But the more I think about it the more worried I am that Tepper will screw this up. 

He's pretty stupid. Definitely stupid enough to screw us.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

If we give up too many picks we won't have anyone to play with him.

If we are giving him 40 mil a year we won't have enough money to have anyone to play with him. 

I'm seeing getting Watson as crossing a Volcano on a tightrope. 

Is he a dominant machine yell fng yes. Would I love to have him hell fng yes.

But the more I think about it the more worried I am that Tepper will screw this up. 

He's pretty stupid. Definitely stupid enough to screw us.

How can you say that the richest owner in the NFL is stupid?

As for the money piece, there is no way that the Panthers dont restructure Watson's deal once they land him.... I expect them to match the Mahomes contract or standardize that. 

• Pie 1

Here is the thing. We are in a position to trade up to get a qb where as the Texans only option is to trade Deshaun for picks.

I believe the Jets want to build around a rookie and the Dolphins are the same. Falcons and Eagles can’t do it, Detroit won’t do it due to rebuild, eagles can’t do it, Bengals have theirs...there are things not going in Houston’s favor to garner a QB.

• Pie 1