• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

17 minutes ago, joemac said:

LETS fuging GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Rams will not have had a first round pick for almost a decade by the time they get their next one, and they seem to be doing OK for themselves.

They also had a bunch of money to splurge in one of their free agencies under McVay and the most draft capital that went into any one player was two firsts and not three firsts + a bunch of other stuff for one Player but hey yeah I like making comparisons without having all the facts.

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

They also had a bunch of money to splurge in one of their free agencies under McVay and the most draft capital that went into any one player was two firsts and not three firsts + a bunch of other stuff for one Player but hey yeah I like making comparisons without having all the facts.

Ask him how many SB's have the Rams won in the last decade using that strategy.

Edited by Jon Snow

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

and to be fair I said 

"My friend texted me about thirty minutes ago that trade talks featuring Russell Wilson were getting hot and heavy, and that the Saints were certainly in the mix to push to get him. Bears also thoroughly in the mix. "

Think the Saints bowed out and signed Jameis (hence why it took a bit longer to sign him mixed with the Brees retirement).

Bears definitely ended up being in the mix as the Bears GM sat down at dinner with the Seahawks GM to discuss it, that is about as hot and heavy as it gets. 

Except theirs zero source of the Saints being hot and heavy for Wilson. And before they signed Winston they already gave Taysom a new contract. The only team from the get go who were in serous conversation were the bears and that was common knowledge way before your “source” said anything.

• Poo 3

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Ask him how may SB's have the Rams won in the last decade using that strategy.

That is unfair.  It is hard to win a Super Bowl.  The most you can hope for is to consistently make the playoffs, which the Rams have.  After that unless you are Tom Brady, it is just difficult to win a Super Bowl.

Deshaun Watson is 25 years.  Unless we treated him as poorly as the Texans, that would mean we probably have at least 10 years to build around him.  If we can't do that then what difference is it if we don't get him?  A good FO would know how to work with an elite QB who, after the TV deal kicks in and other QBs sign huge deals, will be relatively cheap.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

The Rams have traded away 8 first round picks since 2016... 

That FA you spoke of was in 2016 and they havent been able to spend poo since in an offseason.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

That is unfair.  It is hard to win a Super Bowl.  The most you can hope for is to consistently make the playoffs, which the Rams have.  After that unless you are Tom Brady, it is just difficult to win a Super Bowl.

Deshaun Watson is 25 years.  Unless we treated him as poorly as the Texans, that would mean we probably have at least 10 years to build around him.  If we can't do that then what difference is it if we don't get him?  A good FO would know how to work with an elite QB who, after the TV deal kicks in and other QBs sign huge deals, will be relatively cheap.

Keep telling yourself that.  The goal is the bowl...rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Keep telling yourself that.  The goal is the bowl...rinse and repeat.

Okay but your logic is still asinine.  There are teams that have a high 1st round pick every year and don't win.  Does that also mean high 1st round picks don't matter?

It goes both ways.  There are multiple ways to build a team.  Look at how well the Saints have drafted and yet they haven't made it back to the Super Bowl.  Ish happens.  Judging if something is a success strictly off if the team won a Super Bowl is horrendous logic.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Weren't we already?

He's entertaining in that the idiotic poo he spews is so hilariously inaccurate and bad. He really hasn't done anything ban worthy in this board. 

I'm 100% okay with letting him keep having awful takes that get proven wrong.