• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

7 hours ago, spydaman27 said:

I don’t understand all the people that possibly think this ruins us, you give up a few first round picks for and elite quarterback, and 1-2 of the decent players from last years roster. You still have 6 rounds of the draft to build through and you have an Elite quarterback! One who can actually throw the ball down the field, and with accuracy. This is a no brainer. 

So you would give Hou Burns, Brown and Chin + 2 1sts?

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I imagine things are pretty much stalled until there's some clarity to this situation.

Florio talked about it. Basically said if it was just the one accusation it might not have an effect, but four is another story.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

I concur.

Heres a look at the all the "trade everythang for Watson" people after he started behind a OL of UDFAs and gets his 2nd ACL tear in both knees

john cena mind blown GIF

So trading one draft worth’s of picks in NOT worth landing maybe the second best QB in the world? 

Pain is temporary- Super Bowls are forever. We’re never going anywhere unless we get a top flight signal caller and excuse me if I don’t think the number 4 or 5 QB in this year draft is the bees knees.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

Bucs have been smarter about free agency lately, they won big on the Brady bet. Aranus learned a lot in the league from past mistakes over the years I guess. Hell I didn't think Brady had enough to make it through the year. 

The Jags spend tons and piss it all away while picking top 5 every year. It's been incredible. Jets up their too. Miami gets a nod. 

Yeah but they’re  about to get Trevor Lawrence, you know, a great QB, and watch them be in the Owl in 3 years…

Edited by joemac

Just now, joemac said:

So trading one draft worth’s of picks in NOT worth landing maybe the second best QB in the world? 

Pain is temporary- Super Bowls are forever. We’re never going anywhere unless we get a top flight signal caller and excuse me if I don’t think the number 4 or 5 QB in this year draft is the bees knees.

If only it were only that cheap and easy everyone would be doing it. 

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

They keep trying to rationalize what last year's team would have done with a Watson.  That team doesn't exist anymore.

You’re right. Next years roster is shaping up to be much better - especially on defense.

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yeah but they’re  about to get Trevor Lawrence, you know, a great QB, and watch them be in the Owl in 3 years…

Maybe. I don't buy it. Urban seems more like a Saban/Kelly college guy then a Carroll to me. The Jags have been defunct since their owner bought them. It has the makings of a trainwreck even with a stable QB. 

4 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

K, can someone with some clout and credibility give a rational take on the current state of this going down with the “allegations”? Timeline, realistic expectations, etc.?

thanks

Good luck with that.  This is a sh*t show in the making.  Stock up on popcorn.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I feel like we are spending the cap that can be spent on Watson. Can this still happen?

We had what, 30 mil in cap space before free agency started, and we’ve spent about 12-15 mil next season so far?

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe. I don't buy it. Urban seems more like a Saban/Kelly college guy then a Carroll to me. The Jags have been defunct since their owner bought them. It has the makings of a trainwreck even with a stable QB. 

A superstar franchise QB can change things in a heartbeat. See Mayfield, Baker and Allen, Josh.