• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You're just being negative in hopes of it coming across as pragmatic. This is a 25 year old franchise qb, rare situation and upside. Stop it

Yeah dude that’s exactly what I’m doing. Woke up this morning and decided I’m gonna jump on a message board and come across as pragmatic to a bunch of people I couldn’t pick out of a lineup and vice versa. 

I literally woke up with those exact aspirations, but will now stop because you told me to. 

Just now, NJPanthers12 said:

Yeah dude that’s exactly what I’m doing. Woke up this morning and decided I’m gonna jump on a message board and come across as pragmatic to a bunch of people I couldn’t pick out of a lineup and vice versa. 

I literally woke up with those exact aspirations, but will now stop because you told me to. 

Man chill out touchy lol

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Omg if a safety linebacker hybrid is a deal breaker over getting QB2 you prioritize the wrong things lol

No doubt but Chinn is truly the first blue chip Safety we've had since Mike Minter. Historically this franchise isn't very good at finding those guys. I'd understand not wanting to let that go. 

Worst case scenario I hope we can retain Chinn, DJ Moore, and one of Burns and or CMC/Brown.

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

I doubt Brian Burns or Derrick Brown will be traded if that is what you are looking for. If I had to guess look for Shaq Thompson, CMC, Jeremy Chinn, Robby Anderson, or Donte Jackson to be in the mix. We don't have a ton of insight on the exact details, but it will be more pick heavy than anything.

Not Chinn.... please!

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Chinn????? No way. Best player on the defense?? He's the new QB of the defense, I'd be livid if they traded him for Watson. 

Chinn’s positional value holds no weight. If we got out with not trading our young dlineman we would be in great shape. Chinn is a baller and a future pro bowler. But dlineman are wayyyyy more valuable.

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

How about, 'IMortgagedtheFutureoftheTeamfonaLotteryTicket'?

Watson is not a lottery ticket, unlike a draft pick. The team will have a steep hill to climb to be successful and that's where the leap of faith comes in, but he himself is a proven top-tier performer at the premiere position in the game and that's why the price is so high. I say that as someone who knows we need to move on from Teddy/QBs of that ilk but has no preference on whether it's a guy like Watson or somehow through the draft.

I will say though that if the Watson thing happens, it says to me that the team doesn't believe the rookie they believe in most (assuming it's any of them) will be available without a similar spend. Beating Washington really made things complicated and expensive.

• Pie 1