• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Draft is a month away, yall believe anything you see on the news. Imagine thinking Watson is less credible than the owners lawyer neighbor with a reputation for lying. Jesus

Could Watson be totally exonerated? Absolutely.

Is that likely to happen before Draft Day? Seriously doubt it.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Three lawsuits filed, three more pending... Does that really sound like something that's likely to get worked out in a matter of a few weeks?

Again, something crazy could happen but unless it does, this is probably gonna be going on for a long time.

I'm a bit skeptical that it'll last that long, especially given the questionable sources. People are rightfully more likely to react negatively, even compared to Vick as recent as 2007, but I think it'll take a bit more to completely discredit a man's career. For a more apples-to-apples example, see NASCAR driver Kurt Busch and the baseless assault allegations against him in 2015. He was taken out of the car for a couple weeks, even removed from his team's website, then it was solved within a month.

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

This ain’t about football to the McNair’s. This is about not losing a power struggle to one of the “inmates”.

That's what this really reeks of to me.

I mean if it does turn out to be blackmail type of poo I would hope the NAACP or some other power group gets Watsons back. I mean what if Watson just stayed they wouldn't have taken those women's cases?

There's obviously other stuff going on that has nothing to do with the women even if what happened is 100% true. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm a bit skeptical that it'll last that long, especially given the questionable sources. People are rightfully more likely to react negatively, even compared to Vick as recent as 2007, but I think it'll take a bit more to completely discredit a man's career. For a more apples-to-apples example, see NASCAR driver Kurt Busch and the baseless assault allegations against him in 2015. He was taken out of the car for a couple weeks, even removed from his team's website, then it was solved within a month.

As I recall, that was one accuser. This is six (so far).

Guilty or not guilty, this is gonna be complicated.

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Draft is a month away, yall believe anything you see on the news. Imagine thinking Watson is less credible than the owners lawyer neighbor with a reputation for lying. Jesus

It doesn’t matter if Watson is innocent or guilty though dude. The process is started and will not be resolved pre-draft or likely this season at all. Personally I think this does scream hit job by a fake ass lawyer and the Texans owner from what we know now. The forced BJ is not a good look though if they can prove Watson was in contact with these women. 

But that doesn’t matter. He’s going on the list no matter the actual situation. Thus he’s simply not going to be in play. The only way he could conceivably play this season is if his legal team can show irrefutable proof McNair is behind this and that sure as hell won’t be vetted and resolved before the draft.

Thats just the simple fact of the matter. 

It’s time to start looking elsewhere for this year. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It doesn't have to last very long. The draft is only six weeks away. Six weeks is nothing in our convoluted court system.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Don’t think anybody knows, can’t speculate.

The only people who know are the people directly involved, i.e. Watson and his accusers.

None of us know jack, and probably never will. We'll see the outcome of the case, but unless somebody flat out admits something, there will always be questions.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

As I recall, that was one accuser. This is six (so far).

Guilty or not guilty, this is gonna be complicated.

The number of accusers hasn't meant much in the past. Like with Neil there was this one chick saying stuff that turned out to be BS and pictures even came out that showed Neil did what he said he did and the other was a wine a cheese date that nothing happened and the other was alleged from decades ago.

6 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The NFL is not going to move that quickly especially against one of their owners.