• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

13 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Now.  Considering this is in civil court.  I’m not so sure this thing will be cleared out by draft day.

Now if this is playing out.  Do you foresee us going ahead and trading up for a QB?  Or are we so hellbent on Watson, that we don’t take a QB and hold on hope for Watson.  

Because the reason I say the 2nd.  If this gets past the draft, the playing field gets more even.  Miami and the Jets no doubt have more Capital to throw.  But this goes past the draft.  Most of that capital is spent.

I hope we just trade up and build around a rookie QB on a Rookie deal with the foundation we’ve already built, if it were up to me.

If we aren't calling like crazy trying to talk to everyone who has so much as confirmed to have shared an elevator ride in the past with Watson I'd be surprised. I get that we're all in on Watson the player, but you can't stay all in on this plan without reassuring yourself that you're still all in on Watson the person too.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Exactly, Occam's razor applies here.

How does the Texans owner possibly benefit here?

Uhhhhh thats an easy one - it makes Watson radioactive to other teams so that nobody will want to trade for him?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Exactly, Occam's razor applies here.

How does the Texans owner possibly benefit here?

Dude got his pride hurt and reputation as being a good owner ruined in these past two months, rich people can be petty too. 

Lot of people give owners too much credit and attack players character over the dumbest poo

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Fox007 said:

So if they were holding it and keeping victims down and out they should just have that franchise revoked and start up a new expansion team. 

Teams try to keep things like this quiet all the time.  This wouldn't be the first time it happened if in fact that is what happened.  It usually never works but it doesn't mean they don't try.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Teams try to keep things like this quiet all the time.  This wouldn't be the first time it happened if in fact that is what happened.  It usually never works but it doesn't mean they don't try.

Well, just imagine how many things like this that have happened and we never found out about it, due to exactly what you're talking about?  I'm sure more things get buried than actually come to light.  When there are hundreds of millions and even billions of dollars on the line, whats right and wrong are thrown out of the window.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well, just imagine how many things like this that have happened and we never found out about it, due to exactly what you're talking about?  I'm sure more things get buried than actually come to light.  When there are hundreds of millions and even billions of dollars on the line, whats right and wrong are thrown out of the window.

It's never about right or wrong, it's what they can get away with.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Sure it does.  Houston does not want to trade Watson, I think that much is evident.  So, if the conspiracy theory is true, Houston could have done this in order to make Watson untouchable to any other team, so he has to come crawling back to the Texans, hat in hand, in order to get the rest of his 9 figure contract.

20 minutes ago, joemac said:

Sure it does.  Houston does not want to trade Watson, I think that much is evident.  So, if the conspiracy theory is true, Houston could have done this in order to make Watson untouchable to any other team, so he has to come crawling back to the Texans, hat in hand, in order to get the rest of his 9 figure contract.

Not really, given this story would have the potential to put Watson out of football entirely.

It could also put Watson on the Commissioner's Exempt List, which would mean the Texans would still have to pay him his full salary while he sat at home.

If the Texans had tried to blackmail him with this behind the scenes or if they'd held on to it until he was traded away for a huge compensation package, one of those angles might make sense.

The Texans putting this out there while they're still trying to bring him back or get compensation via trade makes absolutely no sense at all.

The fact people think McNair doesn't have reason to want to payback the guy who's embarrassed him the past few months on every sports network and has been the reason he's looked like a fool in the court of public opinion (bc everyone sided with that player) is incredible to me

Yall really assign morals to people with money