• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

1 minute ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Its sad how so many people have become obsessed with the idea of trading for Watson that they're throwing all integrity out the window and coming up with dumb conspiracy theories trying to defend him.

It's sad how so many people have become obsessed with the idea of dog piling and mob justice that they're throwing all due process out the window and coming up with speculative arguments trying to condemn him.

See, I can do it, too.

We won't know what truly happened until we see some evidence which we might never see. Leaning 100% one way or the other shouldn't be a thing at this point. The timing and weird circumstances that surround these allegations should be enough to make anyone cautious of stating "this" or "that" as fact.

40 minutes ago, rodeo said:

human trafficking victims are not willing participants. the police were called on the massage parlor that Kraft was in because it fit the tell tale signs of human trafficking.

edit: i see you've already had this explained to you but are ignoring it, so i'll chalk you down as a bad-faith arguer

As much as I'd hate to agree with Buzz, those women were willing sex workers. According to Rolling Stone, the women involved were charged and fined for soliciting their services to multiple men including Kraft.

Edit: For source: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-massage-parlor-arrest-sex-worker-fined-1098303/

Edited by Kuhndog94
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Or, maybe he was legitimately embarrassed and apologetic for not coming correct--err becoming erect!

A few years ago my wife was getting regular massages and raving about the massage therapist and telling me I just had to go. Finally I did. My god, this girl was a complete smoke show. To her credit, she was a very good massage therapist but I never went back for fear of suffering an embarrassing moment myself. I'd be willing to bet such instances aren't exactly a rarity for the poor girl. She was just that smoking hot. 

18 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Its sad how so many people have become obsessed with the idea of trading for Watson that they're throwing all integrity out the window and coming up with dumb conspiracy theories trying to defend him.

It’s quite strange. I remember when Rothlisburger caught his first charge, he was flamed everywhere as being a dumbass. And that was only when the first incident occurred where the victim bragged sleeping with him the day after it happened.

Second incident had more merit but was withdrawn immediately for some reason (probably money).

Maybe it’s the timing, and it is no doubt suspicious it’s just strange reading all these responses and Twitter replies, a ton of people dismissing the issue without process and ‘fully supporting Watson’ without waiting to see what happens. 

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Not ignoring at all --- see my response in last post on page-9.

You fell into the same trap as @Zod and should also acquaint yourself with the facts of the case. 

The facts of the case are in diametric opposition to the "human trafficking" rhetoric you are both propagating.

It's ok...the news cycles moves fast and "the cops were wrong" doesn't generate clicks/views and rarely gets media coverage after-the-fact in cases of this nature --- easy to miss on your part.

Cheers.  @joemac @LMT @Martin

28254DBC-CFCB-49E8-AF13-B3B359A0D27E.jpeg

We get it, man. Watson lacks a couple of digits on his bank account for you to defend him.

Your fetish for staunchly defending billionaires is one of the odder things I've seen on the Huddle and that's quite the accomplisment.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A few years ago my wife was getting regular massages and raving about the massage therapist and telling me I just had to go. Finally I did. My god, this girl was a complete smoke show. To her credit, she was a very good massage therapist but I never went back for fear of suffering an embarrassing moment myself. I'd be willing to bet such instances aren't exactly a rarity for the poor girl. She was just that smoking hot. 

Your wife let you go--no, suggested that you go to a "smoking hot" massage therapist? Wow! Not my wife, and she has said as much. She'd let me go to a dude, but I'm too old school for that. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Your wife let you go--no, suggested that you go to a "smoking hot" massage therapist? Wow! Not my wife, and she has said as much. She'd let me go to a dude, but I'm too old school for that. 

To this day I haven't decided whether my wife really trusted me or was really testing me...

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:
25 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I

Maybe it’s the timing, and it is no doubt suspicious it’s just strange reading all these responses and Twitter replies, a ton of people dismissing the issue without process and ‘fully supporting Watson’ without waiting to see what happens. 

If Russell Wilson was the focus of Buzbee's efforts think reactions would be different?!?

26 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

As much as I'd hate to agree with Buzz, those women were willing sex workers. According to Rolling Stone, the women involved were charged and fined for soliciting their services to multiple men including Kraft.

Edit: For source: https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/robert-kraft-massage-parlor-arrest-sex-worker-fined-1098303/

soliciting your services absolutely does not mean that you are a willing sex worker.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Interesting on the 3 months.  For a while now I've felt someone with very poor judgement wormed their way into Deshaun's inner circle after he signed his big contract and started influencing him in a bad way.  The way this whole thing was approached with the Texans seems to go against the general demeanor and behavior he exhibited in the past. 

Buzbee is wacky for sure...but he is also highly competent and very very successful.  If he doesn't have his i's dotted and t's crossed I will be very surprised.

That's how it went down with Harvey Weinstein.  Incidents that were never reported to the police at the time, many years if not decades old, were used to put him in jail for 23 years.  Certainly not predicting anything of the sort for DW, but...he's got some tough sledding ahead of him.

I think the system will function as it should.

I dont disagree with anything said. In fact I meant to put at the end of my blurb on Buzzbee that as insufferable he may seem that doesn't make him an incompetent attorney. He has been extremely successful and at one time was elected as a top trial attorney in the country.

I certainly don't want to liken this to that of Weinstein, Nassar, Bill Cosby or any other preceeding incidents but because of those very instances I am not going to ignore these claims entirely because of the time that has passed. 

I cant speak to anyone getting into his inner circle but there was someone in this thread I believe who said the decision to trade Hopkins was because he was a bad influence on Watson when it came to women and it was at Watson's moms behest he was traded. Of course thats 100% a rumor and the poster said as much but that was before the extension I believe.

Obviously there's been nothing to substantiate that claim but theres the time old adage "money changes people" or maybe its CTE or maybe someone else did worm their way into his circle but I would agree these allegations don't seem like they came from the same person who donated their first game check to the cafeteria and facility staff of the Texans. 

Like you I'm hopeful and confident the Justice system works out in this situation. 

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I dont disagree with anything said. In fact I meant to put at the end of my blurb on Buzzbee that as insufferable he may seem that doesn't make him an incompetent attorney. He has been extremely successful and at one time was elected as a top trial attorney in the country.

I certainly don't want to liken this to that of Weinstein, Nassar, Bill Cosby or any other preceeding incidents but because of those very instances I am not going to ignore these claims entirely because of the time that has passed. 

I cant speak to anyone getting into his inner circle but there was someone in this thread I believe who said the decision to trade Hopkins was because he was a bad influence on Watson when it came to women and it was at Watson's moms behest he was traded.

Obviously there's been nothing to substantiate that claim but theres the time old adage "money changes people" or maybe its CTE or maybe someone else did worm their way into his circle but I would agree these allegations don't seem like they came from the same person who donated their first game check to the cafeteria and facility staff of the Texans. 

Like you I'm hopeful and confident the Justice system works out in this situation. 

I remain hopeful that the justice system gets things right, but these days I'm a long way from confident of it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 2

Just now, rodeo said:

soliciting your services absolutely does not mean that you are a willing sex worker.

Yet the Local Police who were hoping for their big time human trafficking bust had to back off their claims and charge the individual women involved with solicitation. You can solicit services as a human trafficking victim, but it was not the case here. The women were charged as individual actors. Being a sex worker doesn't automatically mean you're a human trafficking victim and sex worker advocates will tell you as much.  

From the article:

"Local police initially referred to the investigation as a sex-trafficking sting and much of the media covered it as such, to the chagrin of many sex worker activists. “The language of trafficking and sex trafficking was used over and over again, and ultimately all of these resources went to locate adults engaging in consensual activities,” says Dr. Jill McCracken, co-director of the sex-worker rights group SWOP Behind Bars. “That to me is a huge problem and a waste of resources.” Prosecutors later determined there was no evidence that sex trafficking took place at the establishment. “It was somehow easier for law enforcement officers in South Florida to believe that the women had been sold into sex slavery by a global crime syndicate than to acknowledge that immigrant women of precarious status, hemmed in by circumstance, might choose sex work,” Vanity Fair writer May Jeong wrote in an October 2019 piece about the flawed investigation."

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I cant speak to anyone getting into his inner circle but there was someone in this thread I believe who said the decision to trade Hopkins was because he was a bad influence on Watson when it came to women and it was at Watson's moms behest he was traded.

That was me and I wanna be 100% clear, as I stated in that post, that it was a rumor not a fact. And i read that at the time of the trade, not recently.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Beer 1