• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Allegations detailed (not good)

Mills

10 minutes ago, Mage said:

Apparently Buzbee has been in contact with the police.  At this point I think we can eliminate the possibility that this is just some conspiracy or smear campaign.  No lawyer is about to hand over knowingly false information.  And considering there seems to be 9 different women, with no relations to each other, all with similar and corroborating stories?

I mean.  Man.  I don't know how people can look at this any other way than what it clearly is.  And it makes you wonder how long did Watson know about the possibility of this happening, and if it had something to do with him wanting out of Houston as much as he did?

If he's guilty (and I do still consider that an "if") the only thing that I can figure is that as a young, rich, professional athlete he might have believed he was untouchable.

Heaven knows young people, and especially young athletes, often think they're invincible. Fame and money don't exactly diminish those feelings.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If all of this is true and this lawyer asked for $100,000 or whatever it was to settle. You would this he wouldn’t think twice to throw money at this issue? This is all very strange...

Watson may think that he didn't do anything wrong because if someone said no he didn't push them.  But comments about making or breaking someone's career, which were in third case involving oral sex, is definitely coercion if true.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If all of this is true and this lawyer asked for $100,000 or whatever it was to settle. You would this he wouldn’t think twice to throw money at this issue? This is all very strange...

That figure's getting thrown around here some but it's not necessarily accurate. Watson's quote said Buzbee asked for "six figures". I don't remember seeing anything more specific than that.

And as mentioned before, that's Watson's word. Don't know if there's any other evidence of it happening (text, or email or anything).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

My guess is that he has a pattern of blurring the lines between massage and consensual...affairs.
In my opinion it borders on coercion with unethical behavior between a masseuse and a client.
For this reason it may not criminal, but a violation of ethics and speaks to his character. 
When the lawyer went in social media and queried for other instances these women felt that they experienced the same thing. 
Unless there are criminal charges that are brought forth by the police, then I still see the result being restitution and different perspective on his character that is questionable.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

My guess is that he has a pattern of blurring the lines between massage and consensual...affairs.
In my opinion it borders on coercion with unethical behavior between a masseuse and a client.
For this reason it may not criminal, but a violation of ethics and speaks to his character. 
When the lawyer went in social media and queried for other instances these women felt that they experienced the same thing. 
Unless there are criminal charges that are brought forth by the police, then I still see the result being restitution and different perspective on his character that is questionable.

But... will it lead to an NFL Suspension..

Just now, Devil Doc said:

Almost certainly.  No matter how the rest of this plays out, unless literally every single detail is false, then Watson is gonna get suspended.  Look at what they did to Zeke who had far, far less going against him.  NFL always suspends if not doing so will make them look bad.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

If they find the stuff that's being alleged believable (especially the parts about him forcing a kiss, forcing oral sex and trying to force someone to touch his penis) then I'd say a suspension is likely. Might even be a pretty significant one.

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Almost certainly.  No matter how the rest of this plays out, unless literally every single detail is false, then Watson is gonna get suspended.  Look at what they did to Zeke who had far, far less going against him.  NFL always suspends if not doing so will make them look bad.

So is betting the farm... on a possible 3-8 game suspension worth the reward?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

If they find the stuff that's being alleged believable (especially the parts about him forcing a kiss, forcing oral sex and trying to force someone to touch his penis) then I'd say a suspension is likely. Might even be a pretty significant one.

Exactly, it could be the whole season. 

I don't care about a few game suspension in and of itself, but I do care about the reason he is being suspended and the likelihood of what else is involved.

Yeah, but he will probably play again and for any team that wants the talent that maybe all that they are looking for. 
For any team that acquires him, it is a strong possibility that he gets a handler that protects their investment and shields him from future incidents.

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

Oh hell, no.

Honestly, if the part about him forcing oral sex turns out to be believable, I don't see how anyone could sign him.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2